Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baby quilt & bed cover...

I've been lazy the last couple of weeks... Haven't done much sewing, except putting together the baby quilt, which is now ready for the batting and backing. I'm not sure I have suitable batting... If I don't have anything I have to go shopping at Hassamal (craft shop) in Rose Hill... It's not that I haven't been doing anything though; I've been busy with my blog.

The bed cover is still there, waiting to be tied. I'm just looking at it every day without doing anything to it... And the knitting is going very slow too...

Last night I thought of something else; needlepoint! I used to do a lot of needlepoint works 25-30 years ago, but got tired of it and wanted to do other crafts. A few years ago buddy Johnny visited us, and guess what he gave me for my birthday?! Needlepoint work!!! He knows how fed up I was doing needlepoint works some years ago and even then he dared!!! Most probably he doesn't remember I hate using wool for needlepoint, and even then he bought wool skeins!!! Hehehe!!! The work shows a cottage in the forest, a pine tree in front of it, mountains and forest in the background and in front a guy rowing his boat. He chose this one, because it should remind me of my childhood home - he said... As it is so many years since I did needlepoint work, perhaps I should give it a try - in between the other crafts I do... Be sure I'll get itchy because I don't find it easy to work with wool floss...!!!

A little bit later in the night...
I did give the needlepoint work a try... But as I already have said; the wool floss........ eeeehhhh! :-( I'm already tired of it...


Later on I decided to start cutting the fabrics for Johnny's bed cover. Last year I promised to make him a bed cover for his old four-poster bed. He wanted something a bit "old & rustic", and after doing some search at the net I came across Debbie Mumm "Rustic Retreat". The pattern is a wall quilt that I have to make longer so it fits his bed. I've already cut the fabrics for the trees and made one "tree-block" - see photo.


No comments: