Friday, April 24, 2009

A day off crafting continues...

After a short break at Tamarind Falls Reservoir, we felt quite fit and decided to continue to Mare Longue Reservoir. The route is quite scenic; agricultural land with workers in the fields; picking cucumbers and fertilizing. At one farm we saw lot of ducks, goats and a stag.

After passing a few houses, the farm and vegetable fields, we went into the forest. It had been raining heavily in the night/morning in this area so part of the road was flooded with muddy water. At one place I missed the side of the road and went into the water with both feet - soaked!!! Fortunate the water wasn't cold so I didn't get to freeze on my feet.

We reached Mare Longue Reservoir after approx 1 hour 30 min walk uphill. Look at the muddy road! We walked it all the way to the end, where it is a very nice campsite with pine trees. Very idyllic! I'm not sure I had dared camping there... Thinking of wild boars.....

We had our picnic at a nice place here at the lake. It was so quiet - not any disturbing sounds or pollution from vehicles etc. The only sounds we heard were from the wind and the birds - so relaxing!

It took us less time walking it down to the bus stand at the tiny village Henrietta. I felt quite tired on our way back in the bus, but after a good hot shower and some food I just felt great! Not that I feel for doing the same walk today though! :) I need a couple of days rest before doing another long walk....

It was a wonderful day - being out in the nature after such a long time! Solitude!

The blog owner - carrying a bag with picked guavas. Sugarcane fields behind me.



2 comments:

busymum100 said...

Astrid,

Great outdoor outing!

This is the first time I see a photo of you. You are gorgeous and fit!!

Mildekari said...

Fikk jo lyst til å ta første fly nedover du! :) Fint at dere har vært på tur igjen. klems fra en frossen nordboer. (Ikke for det, idag har vi faktisk sittet ute og tatt kaffe! Og min hortensia fikk lov til å stå utenfor drivhuset for første gang i år, så snaaart begynner det å gro litt her og.)