Sunday, August 30, 2009

Christmas runners completed & cross stitch patterns

As I've already mentioned in my previous post I haven't done much quilting for the last weeks, but I did complete the two Christmas table runners. All the seams are pressed open - I like to do that on tablecloths/runners so that it doesn't become too bulky when quilting. I've stitched in the ditch on both. I think they turned out very nice - I like the pattern. :)


SSD (strict stash diet) doesn't count on cross stitching patterns, fabrics and floss - does it?! At least not for me! I'm in love with LHN! They have the cutest designs one can dream of! How on earth could I resist "Through the Woods" and "Winter Wonderland"?! Aren't they cute?! OOOPS!!! The pattern to the left is from Kit & Bixby; "Merry Wool". It's supposed to be a Christmas gift to a friend who collects everything sheep. "Fortunate" she doesn't have a computer at home and I know she doesn't follow or read my blog, so I don't think I've done a mistake by showing the pattern! :) As you can see I bought some linen and floss too. The flosses are hand dyed from Crescent Colors and Gentle Art. I love these flosses - just sooo yummy!

5 comments:

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Dine loebere er meget smukke. Sjovt at samme moenster kan give saa forskellige resultater :-)

Og SSD har selvfoelgelig INTET med koeb af broderitilbehoer at goere ;-))

Astrid said...

Takk skal du ha Angelika, og takk for at du stoetter meg i SSD! ;-))

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good idea to press the seams open, next time I make a tablecloth I will do that, I have used one quilt for a table cover at times but it was lumpy because of the seams.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Margaret wong said...

I have those lovely LHN charts too, maybe one of the days we can start on it together :)

Lovely table runners, love the colours.....they look so good.

Unknown said...

ciao!wonderful blog and wonderful place where you live. hugs