Once farmer - always farmer!
After making the three tote bags for baby earlier this month, I got obsessed and have got a new craze! I have made another three bags, and here they are!
The fabrics I have used is one of the first purchase over the net, in 2008! Perhaps it was high time making something out of it. I've had a look at those fabrics several times since I bought them, but never came up with any idea what to make out of them, until now...
I have used the size of a bag pattern and manipulated the rest to make it 'my way'. I have added one zippered inside pocket. It has gussets, where I have added velcro at the top of each side to hold it together and I've added the closure (?) and buttons (it doesn't have zipper for closing). The front is changed too, and I've added a bottom to it, made from template plastic covered with one layer batting and one layer fabric. It works well. :)
The front. It was a bit difficult to make the panel pieces straight when adding the strips on each side; it was not printed straight on the fabric, so I had to wet, stretch, pull and iron it. It's not OK, but I couldn't make it better. :)
The left, front side; cute hens! :) And the wooden buttons.
The back of the bag.
Here's another bag, where I have followed the pattern, except the ribbon and buttons, they were not mentioned...
I even managed to do the zipper without any problems! :) Only one broken needle for three bags - not bad - lol! :) This bag has one zippered inside pocket too.
I thought it looked a bit dull without any decoration, so I added ribbon and buttons. Oh, missed the buttons here, but you can see them on the first pic.
The third bag; same as the blue, but using other colors.
Added ric rac and buttons to this one too.
So much fun making bags, and they don't take weeks to do as a big quilt.
From the leftover fabrics I have made a few other things, but that will be for another post.