Sunday, May 27, 2012

A few finishes

I have been so busy with all those charms (cutting and shipping) for the April swap as well as doing some house works, so I haven't had much time for quilting - I mean; bigger projects.
I have made a few small projects though;
a pair of pot holders. I still have fabrics left from Debbie Mumm's 'Rustic Retreat' and I thought those cute houses will be nice for smaller projects.


I'm working on a table runner using chocolate prints, but ran out of coordinating fabric, which I'm expecting any day now... While waiting, I made a pair of mug rugs, using leftover fabrics.


I don't do much stitchery, which is something I love to do. A friend's birthday is approaching, she's an avid garderner, so I thought this little stitchery will do as a birthday gift.


Yesterday afternoon I pulled out some fabric I purchased earlier this year. (Forgot to take photos). 
When I purchased the fabric, I had in mind to make a table topper / runner. After some 'deep-thinking' I ended up making four placemat and today I'm going to finish the table runner top...  

6 comments:

Karen said...

It's lovely to see your little projects. Sometimes they are a good idea for a break between the bigger projects.
They all great!

QuiltSue said...

You've made some lovely little things there. I specially love the Garden Angel. Was that your own design?

PJs Lapperier said...

Så rart med små projekt bland det "stora" du sytt den senaste tiden.
Gillar Skyddsängeln .

Joanne said...

I enjoyed your blog this morning while drinking my coffee. I especially liked the fabrics you used in your mug rugs.... very pretty.
I recently saw some pictures of your island home. The pictures were stunning. Mauritius looks like a beautiful island paradise. I really enjoy that often you share the beauty and history of the place you live.
Have a great day!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Times like this happen Astrid...I am sure you will be able to get back to quilting when you are ready...Lovely projects to keep you going until then!

Michelle said...

Your pot holders are so pretty! Too pretty to use! :-) But we never want to make ugly ones, do we?