Friday, November 21, 2014

Before I knew I started a NEW-FO - Some finishes

Yep! I've started a new project - and that even before I knew! LOL
I saw these fabrics in a shop in Port Louis earlier this year and I knew they had to go with me home! At that time I didn't know what to make and I had not bought enough for a twin quilt. Had to go back a couple of weeks ago to get more; they had just enough left of the gray so that I could  finish the quilt top and a little bit for the backing! There are lots of fabric shops in Port Louis, but as far as I know this shop is the only one selling imported cotton fabric from France that is suitable for quilting. 


This is what has kept me busy this month; 'Irish Chain' twin quilt in gray and purple.
It 'chain' looks pink on the photo, but it is a light purple color with black cherries and white dots. The gray fabric has white hearts. 

These colors are a bit outside my comfort zone, but I have to admit I love how it turned out! 
Am I into a purple craze?? Earlier this year I started a purple and black log cabin quilt - you can see the blocks in this post. I have not worked on it since June / July. Perhaps the next project to finish?!
Well, the 'Irish Chain' is thread basted and ready to be quilted. I have to wait for ordered thread from the US though and that will take another 2 weeks or more...

Some finishes since my previous post 


A pair of coasters in batik


Christmas card holder


Nifty Nurse Mug Rug #1


Nifty Nurse Mug Rug #2


Nifty Nurse Mug Rugs #3
These are perfect for gifts; Secret Santa gift, Secret sister gift, stocking stuffers, Valentine's Day, birthdays etc.


A table runner I finished long time ago but never got around to take photos


Another table runner - finished a couple of months ago too. The fabric has beautiful grapes and leaves.

I have finished a big quilt too! I took photos a couple of days ago but have yet to figure out the best ones. That will be for the next post!

Have a great weekend! 



4 comments:

Carrie P. said...

wonderful finishes

Karen S said...

Your Irish Chain looks great! Lovely colour combination. Glad you found enough fabric to finish it.
You have been busy with a lot of projects again.

Anita said...

Oh what lovely projects Astrid!!! That quilt is sweet as. Love your mug rug and all your other finishes. Gorgeous fabrics you've found too.
Cheers, Anita.

Sylvie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love those colours :-)