Tuesday, May 28, 2019

While waiting for fabric...

... to finish some summer table runners and toppers, 
I'm working on Christmas items. 


Yep, another Advent Calendar
After the photos were taken, I added all the pockets, sleeve and binding on one calendar (I have three in all). 

Update: They are done! 

The calendar will be available in our shop in a couple of days, need to take a few more photos. 

Remember the Christmas Stockings from my previous post


I spent the entire last weekend to finish them all! It took some brain work to get the lining/toes the right way, but when I got the hang to it, they were done in a jiffy, almost...! :) These will be re-listed in our shop soon. 

I received the white batting for the Patriotic Table Toppers , but the company sent me the medium thick instead of the thinnest batting. I contacted them, it is sorted out and my new order is on the way, hopefully with the right batting this time!
  The fabric I'm waiting for was shipped from the warehouse middle April, for so to take an extra journey; Jamaica US, Miami, Jamaica and finally left JFK 3 weeks after it was shipped from the seller's warehouse! SIGH!
Update: Finally received the fabric! I had to laugh when I saw the package was 'missent to the Bahamas'!  



In between, when I need a short break from making items for our shop, I go scrappy! 


I've made three new scrappy star blocks

I don't remember when I started making the scrappy log cabin blocks. I have lost count of how many I have, but I believe it is close enough to a lap quilt. 


Each block measures 8 inches (sewn into quilt)

Nasty weather today; rain, wind, and cold. 'Winter' is here.... again! Meteo predicts +15C / 59F on the plateau tonight, time for wool blankets! 



3 comments:

Birthe Marie said...

Så flotte adventskalendere du syr! Ja, med internett åpnet det seg en ny verden på mange måter. For oss som har quilting som hobby er det jo et eldorado av idéer og inspirasjon, og med nettbutikker, blogger og sosiale medier blir verden liten.
Nå har jeg vært innom i Etsy butikken din. Der var det mye fint. Har du laget alt alene? Jeg måtte lese om deg på bloggen også. Så spennende å bosette seg så langt fra hjemlandet. Tenker du får oppleve mye kjekt. :-)

Liz Brown said...

I love the grays and reds for Christmas!

Elzaan said...

You are a very busy bee! Lovely projects and beautiful work done.