Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Scrap Challenge and more

Midsummer came and went, can you believe we are heading towards Christmas and New Year again?! 

I've been super busy and I'm not sure where to start. Quite a lot to share, I may share it into two posts. Why don't I post more often?! :) 
OK, let's start with the Advent Calendars.


 When I wrote the previous post, four Calendars were already quilted and the binding thread basted. A little progress; the 24 felt bags and a lined drawstring bag (to keep the felt bags) are completed. Next step is to add 'gold' metal rings (to hang the felt bags). I may do one with buttons - instead of rings - as well, IF I get the right buttons. I went to the neighbor town earlier this week, but the shop where I usually buy buttons were sold out on those specific buttons. 

The Quiltsy Team's Scrappy Spring Challenge is done
(see previous post for details)

I made a scrappy star wall hanging. All batik are from my stash. 
I love how it turned out and have yet to decide whether to keep or list it in our shop

2019 is my 'year of batiks'. Ever since I started quilting I have 'collected' batiks, and batiks are often too beautiful to be cut, right?! LOL This year I'm trying to use up some of the batiks and after making a few quilts it has not made a dent! 
I have made scrappy star blocks off and on. After 35 blocks I pieced the blocks together


I'm not sure about the size though... As it is now, it measures 60 x 84 inches / 152 x 213 cm. Isn't that a bit too long for a lap quilt?? If I add one row (7 blocks) to the width, the size will be 72 x 84 inches. If I remove one row on the length, it will measure 60 x 72 inches.
I'd love to hear your opinion, please! 

I've bought the most beautiful batik for the back! 


I had in mind a multi-colored backing, but when I saw this one I couldn't resist! 

I've been naughty! In spite of SFD (Strict Fabric Diet), I have bought some fabric, BUT defending myself; only some FQ's I didn't really need! Haha! 


These fabrics are for binding on some other Advent Calendars


...and here's the brown batik FQ's I didn't really need! Well, yes, somehow I need them, because I have not more than a couple of brown batik left in my stash! Always excuses to buy beautiful fabric, isn't it?! :) 

Nasty 'winter' weather these days; rain showers and strong trade winds.
Birre-Liten knows best


...the best place in the sun! 

I have more to share, but that has to be another post. 

HAVE A FABULOUS DAY AND HAPPY QUILTING! 



2 comments:

Jambearies said...

Astrid, wonderful post and busy as always! I love your scrappy challenge quilt! And the scrappy star quilt would be the perfect throw size at 60x72. Then you could use the leftover row for a table runner :) Keep up the good work!

StephsQults said...

Love your blog Astrid, always so interesting and love your scrappy challenge quilt. The batik scrappy star quilt, I agree with Phyllis, would be an easier size to quilt too! Sensible cat!