Wednesday, January 15, 2020

WIP's and another UFO

It's early Wednesday morning, I'm enjoying my first cuppa of the day and listening to the birds' chirping (before the traffic sets in). 
It's time to update what I've been up to since I counted UFO's! :) You can see that post here I forgot to add one UFO though, the updated list is posted below. 


My creative mess this past Sunday! 
I've been working on so many things I've almost lost count


Close to my heart are mug rugs. They are easy and fast to make. I've had Loralie's 'On the mend' panel for ages and decided it's time to turn it into mug rugs. These are ready to be quilted.


Ran out of a yellow fabric for a couple of Easter table runners. More is on the way, not expected until beginning of February. Are you able to spot the pattern in the tray? It resembles 'orange peel' quilt pattern! The latter has been - still is - on my bucket list. :) Has any of you ever made an orange peel quilt? 


I've made a few Easter table toppers, hand sewing the binding is on the to-do list this week. The black one is one of my many UFO's; the Advent Calendar, almost done! 


I haven't bought a quilting book since as long as I can remember, but when I saw this one, I couldn't resist! It has some really cute pillow patterns. If I make any of them? Time will show! :) 


Updated UFO list #2. I've added #18, which I posted here
I'm currently working on #10; FMQuilting. It's almost done; a little bit quilting left to do and then the binding. 

7 comments:

Barb N said...

You could use the orange peel pattern to make a pillow! I have never made an orange peel quilt, but sure do like the pattern.

Chantal said...

Wow! You've been busy. I haven't made an orange peel but it is on my to-do list because I really like the look of it. Will I even make it? Time will tell. ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I saw the pillow book and thought about it also but haven't gotten it but did get a different book instead by the same author. Love your scrappy mess!

Bev C said...

Hello Astrid,

I am sure you will find lots of patterns to make from your new book. Love how you are tackling your projects. Good luck with them.

Happy days.
Bev.

Elzaan said...

Busy hands I see LOL Glad that you are working on your UFO's and making progress. Keep it up!!!
Did you look here: https://www.sacredquilt.com/ There are 2 quilts that has a pattern that is similar too to the pattern in the tray. Perhaps you can put that on your to do list as well.

Barwitzki said...

Hallo Astrid, først av alt et fantastisk 2020 for deg.
Boken og putene i den er super fin. Jeg liker.
Kanskje du også lager puter med UFOs :-))) Jeg strikker UFOs... nå :-)))
Men symaskinen venter også.
Jeg bor i Tyskland og vi var mange ganger i Norge og så jeg hadde bestemt meg "Jeg lærer norsk". Og i september jeg var første gang i engelsk sprak landet - i Irland - og nå
jeg lære engelsk også. Vi har mange moro. Læreren - lady - kommer fra Texas.
Håper jeg snart kan skriver engelsk til deg.
Greetings from Viola

Dirt Lover said...

Oh, love the pillow book! I was looking at pillows in stores for my new house, and they are so expensive, especially when I know how to make them. Love seeing all your progress on UFO's, it helps to light a fire under me! Does it help to put all of what you want to accomplish "on paper" so to speak? I struggle with my lack of organizational skills......
~~Lori