Monday, February 24, 2020

Using up a few Fabric Stashes

It's already Monday and the last week in February, how did that happen?! 
Last week we took advantage of the nice weather and spent almost every day doing some long overdue yard work. 
Not much time for sewing, but I'm happy to say the scrappy log cabin UFO is FINISHED! I've also made a couple of Easter Table Toppers, just have to take photos. 

We all have fabric stash, don't we? I have fabric I bought long time ago - I won't say 'years ago', that doesn't sound good, does it? lol. You know, this 'in and out of the shelf fabric', trying to come up with 'what to make of this and that fabric', but it always ends up in the shelf again. Does it sound familiar? 

We took the weekend off from yard work and I put in some hours sewing. For the umpteenth time I pulled out that specific fabric; a beautiful firewheel flower fabric. 


Matched with yellow and white, I came up with a pattern for a table runner


Some paper piecing and some 4-patches


...and voila! Here's the block! I made three blocks (for the TR).  


I did the set in triangles and have left to add a border. First I thought maybe the yellow fabric fits, but it didn't look nice. I think I'll go for the firewheel fabric. I may have enough of it for a small table topper, but don't know until I've completed the TR top.

HAPPY QUILTING!


5 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Astrid.

Congrats on your finished quilt. Oh yes we all have fabric that seems to be lurking in the cupboards for sometime. Handy to have though. Your table runner looks wonderful.

Happy sewing and gardening.

Bev.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such nice bright yellow!

Chantal said...

That's a wonderful way to use up this fabric. Would love to have that on my table in my yellow kitchen. Looks great! ;^)

Karen S said...

Great combination with the fabrics. So bright and cheerful.

Elzaan said...

That is a wonderful colour-poping block and table runner! I can imagine a whole quilt like that :)