Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My oldest UFO...


Whatever crafts we are into, I'm quite sure we all have UFO's (unfinished objects). I have an UFO from 1986 - 23 years old!!! No, it is not a typing error! That is my oldest UFO! Over Christmas last year I had a break from quilting and after reading a letter from a penfriend who had learnt to knit at the age of 51 (it's never too late learning something!), I decided to have a look at my knitting UFO that I had nearly forgotten.

There are several circles and small squares to be knitted and then added all together for either a bed cover or tablecloth. I've not been working on this project for years, so it took me some time to understand the pattern again. Since December I have knitted about 10-12 circles. I haven't decided what to make out of it yet... I doubt it'll be a huge bed cover...

I'm using Solberg 12/4 - white cotton yarn and knitting pins #2.

No comments: