Saturday, October 31, 2009

Place Mats & Table Mats

Yes, I've been working hard on the place mats and table mats this week. Today I decided to complete them all - and I did! When I'm in the sewing mood I tend to forget about other things, and that is what happened today! I was supposed to do the dishes, mopping the floors and porch, but snuggled up in the sewing room. Right now it's pouring down and thunder in the distance so I'd better shut down the computer if it continues.

I think you will remember they are all made from the old pillow cases I got from Johnny. He wanted me to make two place mats - and here is what came out of 5 old pillow cases! :) They look quite retro - don't they - from the 1970's. :)

The first photo shows a small tablecloth. It measures 14" x 22" (36 x 54cm).

Here are two place mats. They measure 16" x 19" (41 x 49cm). The size is a bit odd for a place mat, but it ended up that size due to the pattern I created. :)


Another tablecloth - measuring 15.5" x 21" (39 x 53cm)


A small table mat. It measures 15,5" x 15,5" (40 x 40 cm)

And finally two table mats. The size is 13.5" x 13,5" (35 x 35 cm).

For the backing I used an old bed sheet Johnny sent me too. :) Isn't it wonderful to re-use bed linen, clothes etc? I'm collecting old flannel shirts, which I hope to make a lap quilt when I have enough...

7 comments:

Sigrun said...

Så flott det ble. jeg er imponert over alle som klare å gjennbruke ting. Flink er du!

The Heart of Paul said...

Oh I really like that greyish one! I'm thinking Japanese when I look at it.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the old flannel shirts will make a nice quilt!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

erinrizz said...

Nice work...

Lappedamen said...

Her har du gjort en god jobb. Litt spesielt å bruke gamle putevar, men brikkene ble jo flotte.

Anonymous said...

Flotte spisebrikker.

Artig å sjå kaffiblomster, - visste ikkje at dei hadde så flotte blomster.

Eldrid

Astrid said...

Takk for kommentarene! Det var morro lage noe fra "gamle" putevar, synd slike ting ofte bare blir kastet.

Thanks for the comments! It was fun making something out of "old" pillow cases, which are usually thrown away.