I'm doing a 'mystery quilt'!
I have never done any 'mystery quilt' before, so I thought I'll give it a try. Susan-Claire suggests black background fabric, but I have chosen charcoal - kind of marble - and 12 contrasting fabrics. She suggests olive and dark blue as two of the contrasting fabrics, but I found them not contrasting enough to the charcoal, so I'm using dusty blue and chartreuse insted.
The 'mystery quilt' started in the beginning of March, but since I've been busy with other projects, it was first a couple of days ago I did part 1 - the stars - 12 blocks.
I did part 2 over the last couple of days. PHEW!!! That was a lot of cutting! If I've done the mathematic right, part 2 consists of 336 pieces!
When I had done part one, I was a bit 'worried' the quilt would concist of stars only, but then part 2 came with a nice surprise! I do love this block - quite untraditional - if you ask me. Now I can't wait for part 3 that comes in the beginning of May! I've never done any quilt with black background, but after doing part 1 and 2, I find it interesting and I'm sure it's going to be a nice quilt! I'm quite excited about it! :)
Thanks to Sigrun who introduced me to it! :)
During the weekend I did - basted - the binding to the 'disappearing 9-patch' quilt. When I intended to sew the binding, Birre-liten decided the flannel (backing) is just so soft and wonderful to sleep on! He'd spent the whole day outside - must have been exhausted - so I let him sleep there and did some tidying instead. :)