Monday, November 14, 2016

Happiness is Scrappiness

So, I didn't live up to what I had in mind about one month ago; to blog more often. 
One month has passed without me writing one single word, and I have missed a lot in blog land.  I have been busy with custom orders and new items for my Etsy shop and have not given priorities to other things. 

I haven't touched the granny square blocks I blogged about one month ago. They are still sitting on the sewing table, staring at me. 
In between Etsy and custom orders, I have played with my scraps. 


These are 1.5 inch squares (cut), 1 inch finished. I made 2 blocks the other night and now I have 31 blocks. Each block has 36 squares x 31 blocks = 1116 squares. This is not going to be a unique Postage Stamp Quilt, I'm using several squares of the same fabrics because I want to use up bits and pieces instead of tossing them away. 

I pulled out a bag with flannel the other day, I needed some for a Christmas gift I'm working on. Question to myself: 'what do I do with these flannels'? SCRAPPY! Of course! :) 


In the bag I found some already cut 2.5 inch squares and 2.5 x 4.5 inches rectangles. Can't remember what I had in mind when I cut them? The idea now is to make one quilt with squares and another one with rectangles. Let's see how that pans out! :) 
First of all I have to finish that Christmas gift! 

HAPPY QUILTING!


8 comments:

StephsQults said...

That is going to be a gorgeous scrappy quilt Astrid!

Carol Ethier said...

Love the scrappy blocks! What a quilt that will be!

Chantal said...

Happy to see you again in Blogland. Also, glad to find out all is well with you. I love working with flannel, and now that Winter is almost to our front door, I'll have the fun of playing with it again. Happy sewing! ;^)

Unknown said...

Astrid, love your scrappy blocks!

Unknown said...

Love the scrappiness!

Susan M said...

Looking forward to seeing what you make with these scrappy blocks Astrid!

Unknown said...

Happy scrappy sewing, Astrid!

Winkel's Crazy Ideas said...

Åh herlighet så nydelig det ble med de små lappene! Herlig måte å bruke opp fine smårester på! Hilsen Pam