Saturday, August 20, 2011

Easter UFO done - and more stash

I'm finally up kicking again! :)
As if not the flu was enough - and waste of time not feeling well - I caught that darn gastroenteritis bug! :( Waste of time again, not able to sew one stitch in almost one week! But now I'm much better and hope it continues to the even more better! I want to sew! :))
Well, this post is a little bit overdue... I finished an Easter wall hanging UFO before I got ill again and I'm really happy I can remove another project from my UFO-list! :)
I can't remember when I started working one it... (I have to do something with the 'labels'...), but I believe it is 3 years ago... The reason why I never got around finishing it, is I didn't come up with any solution for the border. I had only added the 'egg' border around the panel (hen) and got stuck there... (Sorry for that terrible pink background! Had to hang it on the cloth line to get a proper photo!)


I had enough fabric for a table topper too! :)
It was supposed to be a runner, but....... something mysterious happened halfway! :))
I have FMQ them both, and the more I do FMQ - the more I love it!  


Some weeks ago I got a sms from a friend; 'read your email! Urgent!' It was in the evening and I had just shut down the computer, so I sms'd back and asked what was up.
My friend's friend - an young! lady of 80+ years - had called him, because she had come across a closing-out sale in a quilt shop in the village where she lives! The shop was selling boxes of 10 kilos / 22 pounds with fabrics to a very good price - if he wanted to buy a box for me?! The lady was willing to buy the box for him the next day. I was almost standing in bed with my eyes wide open!!! 10 kilos / 22 pounds of fabric as advanced Christmas gift!!!! How could I refuse?! I felt sorry for the lady, because she had to go to the shop again the next day and was she able to get a box?! 
She did! The shop had one box left!!! :))

Earlier this week I got some of the fabrics! Just like Christmas! :)) It's awesome! I don't know what I had expected, but there are lots of square in different lines and colors, even some pieces of lovely, lovely batiks! You can see it to the right, under the green/red bunch of fabrics.


I can't turn my back to this guy! GRRRR! :((
I had to empty the box on the floor - the stash is still there - and he took the chance! Fortunate he was not dirty, but still........ This is something he is not allowed to do - and he knows it! But you know... temptation! temptation! :)


**********

Thanks to all of you who has commented and given suggestions how to do the center piece on the block I'm working on! (See my previous post). I do appreciate your comments and suggestions so much! Since I have been sick, I haven't been able to consider any of your suggestions yet, but I hope working on that over the next week! Thank you! :)
  



9 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Well done on finishing your Easter quilt.

That box of fabrics sounds like a real bargain

I hope you continue to get better quickly so you can get back to sewing

Bjørg said...

Du har fått gjort mye nå! Fine arbeider!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what great fun to get an unknown box of fabric - such surprises will be in it all.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

PJs Lapperier said...

Fin påskbonad. Gillar verkligen lukkekanten på den. Häftigt!
Grattis till allt tyg...ja det är LYCKA att kommar över då det är billigt :o)

Doggen vet att "tyg värmen"...så är det här också, men då är det Tassenkatten som ligger och "pressar" fina veck :o)

Dirt Lover said...

How fun! I can just see now, you will be having many hours of entertainment out of that one box alone. Nice quilts. I love seeing what you make.
~~Lori

Nat Palaskas said...

Glad you are up and stitching again. This darn flu is everywhere this winter. I've managed not to catch anything, touch wood - Hugs Nat

Quiltefia said...

Hei!! Takk for hyggelig kommentar!! Jeg har ikke vært innom bloggem din før, men jeg synes alltid det er gøy å finne nye!! Tenk så mange som driver med det samme i forskjellige deler av verden.....og man samles på nett. Det ser ut som vi lager mye av det samme. Jeg er egentlig en lappeperson, men strikker også mye. Det er selvfølgelig mangel på tid som hindrer meg i å gjøre mye mer.... Må jobbe også!? Her i Oslo er det høsttegn, selvom jeg håper vi ennå får noen varmere dager. Ha en fin dag!! AnneK:-)

Elzaan said...

Hope you feel better soon!
The Easter quilt and table topper is gorgeous! Just love those fabrics.
Your "quilting police" are just keeping you on your toes :)

Anonymous said...

You totally lucked out Astrid! And your pooch looks like my pooch's twin :) I love the EAster walll hanging too. I had the gastro not too long ago and sheesh....I don't wish it on anyone! I would love for you to come and quilt at my sewing table! I have more space too! :)