A couple of weeks ago I pulled out all my Christmas/winter fabrics from the shelf and thought I was going to start at least one Christmas project. Then I fell ill and didn't do any sewing for one week. When I felt for sewing again, the spirit I had for Christmas projects had vanished... and the Christmas/winter fabrics are back in the shelf again! :) It wasn't the right time.....
I have a couple of projects 'on hold'; I haven't decided how to proceed... While trying to figure that out, I pulled out a couple of quilt tops from the shelf - and I even managed finishing them both!
Finally, the polar bear quilt top is done! I didn't have any pattern for it and I didn't plan it before I started. I like to do it like that, I think doing it that way is more a challenge to me than planning it in advance. The quilt could have been better if planned, but I love it the way it turned out! It is sort of a scrappy quilt, because I have used different colors - dark brown and indigo - on the lattice (is it called lattice?) and there are two different ecru fabrics. I think I started working on this one last year, so it isn't that old - really! :) It's meant to be a bedspread.
My sun- and earth quilt top! :) I started piecing the blocks back in February/March this year, too young to be called a UFO! At that time I couldn't decide on the layout and size...
Here I have used only scraps; yellow, brown and yellow. The light (whitish) background fabrics are 4-5 different fabrics, but that doesn't really matter and it isn't that visible either.
After all it is a scrappy quilt! :))
Now the 'dreadful' work has to be done; sandwiching! I have to look for backing, don't know if I have anything suitable.... (I know I'm fooling myself! lol).