Monday, October 24, 2011

Snowmen in the tropics!

I hope you don't get bored with yet another post from me today?!
I took photos of some finishes earlier today and even if I can't show them all - some of them are secret Christmas gifts! - I have a few that are not gifts! :)
If you read this post, you know I pulled out some cute snowmen fabric and was in the progress of making table runners. I got totally obsessed by it and decided to make whatever possible of the leftover fabric (from a wall quilt).
Here's one table runner...



Close-up of the star...


...the darling snowmen...


Another table runner... Snowmen on a red background...




Close-up of the snowmen...


I have not counted how many projects I got out of the leftover fabrics (from a wall quilt), but there should be 12-13 altogether; table toppers, table runners, place mats, card holder, mug rug... I think that's all!
I have ran out of quilting thread, fabric for the binding as well as batting for the rest of the projects. Thread and fabric are on its way from the US and batting I buy here. I'm using a very thin polyester batting for table runners, table toppers etc.

A wintry mug rug...


I still have some leftovers and I have yet to decide whether they go into the scraps or I make something out of it....
I cross my fingers and hope the parcels from the US are not delayed so that I can finish those projects this month itself!
  



15 comments:

Unknown said...

du har sydd mange flotte ting av de stoffene du fant i dine gjemmer. Bra å ha ting ferdig i god tid.

Elzaan said...

Well done on the finishes. Such lovely table runners and a very cute mug rug. Those snowmen are just adorable!

Elisabeth said...

Vad fina de är, dina dukar. Roligt att göra slut på rästerna, eller hur? :-)

Elisabeth

quilton said...

I love the little mug rug. Snowmen are favourites of mine. I must get busy on my embrodery and get my new pattern done up.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is one nice looking quilt!!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Kjerstis løse tråder said...

Så vakre ting du har sydd! Jeg er imponert, nydelige avstemte farger!

Anne-Kristine said...

Hei Astrid. Så masse fint du har sydd. Kjempesøte snømenn. Og du har blitt kjempeflinkt il å frihåndsquilte. Jeg kjenner at det er noe jeg må prioritere å lære meg når jeg får den nye maskinen min :-)

Gunn Torild said...

Kjempeflott!

Margaret wong said...

Lovely table runners. I hope your orders from the US arrives ASAP so you can carry on finishing your other projects. Meanwhile, take a break and have a cup of coffee :)

PJs Lapperier said...

Så jättefina de blev!

Karen said...

I can see why you want to use this fabric in so many projects. It is gorgeous! Love the stars in the table runner, too. You are making some wonderful projects!

Precious Crafts said...

Those who are lucky enough to receive quilted gifts from you would be most delighted! Your work are gorgeous! Keep quilting!

Sigrun said...

Godt jobba! Flotte farger.

Lappedamen said...

Det er kjempefint det snømannstoffet. Det er en deilig følelse å få brukt opp rester. Flott ting du har sydd.

Sissel`s syglede said...

WOW, dette ble kjempefint. Så flink du er til å quilte.