Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Drawstring bag obsession

Yes, at the moment I'm obsessed by making drawstring bags!
After making two big birthday quilts over the last 3-4 months, it feels wonderful playing with smaller projects.
I have been collecting Christmas fabrics (for what?!?!) since 2007 and this panel is what I pulled out from my stash some days ago. I'm not sure what it is, but I believe it is Moda.... The squares are 6.5 inch square, perfect for drawstring bags!
I have used Moda Marbles Christmas Red and Green for the bags, and I was fortunate to get some suitable ribbons and even glass beads here.
 
This is the smallest bag, measuring about 9.5 x 10.5 inch.
This is one side of bag #1.... 
 
 
 
... and here's the other side.
I've used the same fabrics - red and green - for the lining.
 
 
Bag #2 - slightly bigger; 11 1/4 x 10.5 inch.
 


...the other side...
 
 
Bag #3 - 11 x 10 inch - I made two of these, but took photos of one only.
 
 
...the other side...
 

 
After making several projects some years ago and some mug rugs a few weeks ago, I still had some leftover fabrics from Debbie Mumm's 'Christmas in your heart'. I love the fabric line and came up with the idea to make some wine bottle bags...
Here are the first two I made...
 
 
...and three more...
 
 
...and finally... just for fun, I made some egg cosies.
Here I've used Debbie Mumm's 'Elegant Santas' fabric.
 
 
During my friend Kari's visit, I got her to help me finishing a bag (UFO).
That will be another post! :)
 

 
 
 

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those bags are cute - presents?

Quiltefia said...

Hei!! Posene dine er veldig søte da!! Bra å være litt tidlig ute, julen kommer som regel veldig brått på!!
Jeg har endelig kommet igang med å skjære 2,5inch firkanter. Så med litt mer tid kan jeg bytte!!:-) AnneK:-)

Trines hobby said...

WOW mye lekkert du har laga:) vinposene dine var supre. Ha det fint og kos deg i varmen.

Anonymous said...

Dina stringbags är jättefina!! Jag har också fastnat för att sy väskor och påsar och necessärer av alla de slag. Det är väldigt roligt att sy och så går det ganska fort :)
Gun, Sweden

Rosemary Dickinson said...

These bags are so pretty! They would make excellent gifts. Everyone would just love it!

Sil said...

Cute bags! Fabric is absolutely beautiful!

Elzaan said...

You are definitely in the Christmas mood...Lovely bags and cozies.

PJs Lapperier said...

Hel underbart vackra påsar du sytt!

Umm-Yara said...

Vilken fin idé att använda små paneler till små påsar! Jag har också en del julpaneler liggande, kanske jag skulle ta och göra något liknande!
Kram från Kristin i Borås