Wednesday, December 31, 2014

UFO Challenge 2015

Where did 2014 go? 
It's the last day of 2014; exactly 14 hours and 55 minutes to go until midnight (this side of the globe). No celebration at our place, just an ordinary day / evening.

Have you counted your UFO's? How many projects did you start and did not finish this year or previous years? :)
I thought I have less than 10.... I have SEVERAL; about 20!!! EEK!  

Quilts! Quilts! Quilts! on Etsy is having a UFO challenge that runs from January 1st to June 30, 2015. 
I have joined the challenge with 8 of my UFO's; most of them bed quilts. I'm not sure I will manage to finish them all, but some of them should be done! 


UFO #1
I think some of you will remember the BLOGGER'S BOM from 2011/12? I thread-basted it in May 2013, but have yet to decide on how to quilt it.


UFO #2
Scrappy green, cream and yellow log cabin quilt. This is ready to be quilted and I have decided on how to quilt it. 


UFO #3
Gray and purple Irish Chain quilt - ready to be quilted. 


UFO #4
Scrappy disappearing pinwheels - ready to be quilted.


UFO #5
Postage Stamp Quilt - have to add a few more blocks and then work on the border. 
All charms are from swaps.


UFO #6
Just ordered fabric for a border and binding.


UFO #7
Wall hanging for a friend, left to do the quilting and finish it up. 


UFO #8
Easter wall quilt. Waiting for fabric to make a 'Flying Geese' border. 

I have more UFO's, but I think this post should include those I have chosen for the UFO Challenge. 
More to come! :) 

You can see the other entries for the UFO challenge here or here



6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lots of work for you in the upcoming year - good thing you like to work with fabric :)

Anonymous said...

I notice a pattern similar to mine: ready to be quilted. :-) Or can't decide how to quilt it.

I haven't counted yet. That is coming as guild is having a UFO activity/challenge.

Bev C said...

Hello Astrid,

Happy New Year. Good luck with the quilting on your stunning quilts. Hope you get a few done in your challenge.

Happy days.
Bev.

OliveStreetStudio said...

NICE! I just uploaded two of my UFOs....yours are beautiful!

Karen S said...

Good luck with the UFO challenge. They are all lovely and definitely worth a finish.

Sylvie said...

Some really lovely quilts there Astrid :-) Good luck, I hope you manage to finish them all!!
I'm looking forward to seeing them done. :-)