Monday, March 30, 2020

Lockdown Day 10 - Log Cabin Blocks

In this uncertain time, I hope you all are feeling well and that fabric, needle and thread keep you busy. What have you been working on this weekend? 

If you read my previous post, you know I'm busy with the log cabin quilt. I've decided on a double/full bed quilt and I needed to make more blocks 


Chain piecing, 10 blocks at a time! 


I've made 20 blocks this weekend, to be added to the top and bottom.
Thursday & Friday I made 16 blocks, 8 for each side.


This is Log Cabin Quilt #3 where I have used 1.5 inch strips and it looks like it has not made a dent in the boxes! LOL Of course it has, but as you can see, there are still plenty! 

The lock-down continues; bakeries, grocery stores and supermarkets still closed, to reopen April 1, 2020. (We are waiting for an update on this). 


I used to make bread, but I must admit I've been lazy and haven't done it for months. To go to the bakery adds in a little bit exercise (walk) as well. During the lockdown, either we make paratha (Indian flat bread) or bread. These were out of the oven late last night, I haven't tasted it yet, but they look delicious. :) 

HAPPY QUILTING!

STAY SAFE!  STAY AT HOME! 





5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the grocery stores are completely closed to business? here they stay open but you are to only shop once a week if you can - although some people are going about their business and doing what they all the time - it is crazy how some will not stay home - we can take walks and some times we drive to a park to do this and go past stores to see if they are busy and they are - people will not listen here
You will have fun with your log cabin blocks - thank heaves we have stashes of fabric and supplies to keep busy

MooseCarol said...

I'm glad you decided to make your log cabin bigger. It's beautiful.

Barb N said...

Our community of 18,000 is a ski resort and received the virus from winter visitors in February. The entire county is Shelter In Place, and you can't leave the county except for essential business, people are encouraged not to come in, only essential businesses are open, people may walk/run/hike for exercise but not around others, and the entire town looks like a ghost town! So here, everyone is taking this very seriously as we've had a very high rate of infections and deaths. Every state in America is different. So strange. We came back home from wintering in Arizona, and we're quarantined in our home for 14 days, and cannot even go to a grocery store. So we made a shopping list and it was delivered to us! Your bread does look delicious! I am going to do some baking today and prep some casserole meals for the freezer. Stay healthy, and keep on making those blocks!

Birthe Marie said...

I looked back at your previous post and your log cabin quilt is just so great.
Your breads look delicious! Well, I bake a lot at work,
In Norway, grocery stores, pharmacies and some other stores are open. Many shops are closed. It's a strange mood.
Enjoy your sewing time!

Sues said...

Love the scrappy log cabin!!! A great way to keep busy during this unusual time. Safe well!