Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Curfew UFO Sewing

Hello everyone! 
I hope you all are safe and staying at home sewing in this crazy CoVid-19 times. Mauritius has been on lock-down for some days (except grocery stores, supermarkets, bakeries etc), then curfew and from today there's a 7 days complete lock-down (curfew) all over the island. 

I've been stuck at home since last Thursday (when I had to get some groceries). I've been busy with this and that, finished a few items for my shop (no photos yet). 

As most of you know, I love log cabin quilts. Recently I have finished two scrappy log cabin quilts, you can see them here and here. Yesterday I worked on UFO #1 (13) I've been piecing the blocks for some time, can't remember exactly when I started, maybe 1-2 years ago.


1-2 weeks ago I decided on a layout and yesterday I first pinned the blocks together and marked each row

.... and voila! 


Here it measures 64 x 64 inches (162.5 cm square). After I took the pic, I added one row to the top and bottom (64 x 80 inches / 12.5 x 203 cm). I've yet to decide if I want to stop here or make it larger? 
I think this one is going to be another favorite! I just love, love, LOVE this design, and of course; it looks even better when scrappy! :) 

I've made my very first wedge place mats! 


This is the fabric that has been in and out of the shelf umpteen times. Earlier this year I finally decided what to make (link) From the fabric I had, I've made 1 tea cozy + coasters, these and four other place mats. 


This is what is left of those fabrics, cut into squares, strips and rectangles. 
More squares for scrappy quilts! :) 


I'll never get tired to this view, every day is different 
(Sunday, March 22, 2020)


Such a glorious morning (Friday, March 20, 2020)

HAPPY QUILTING - STAY AT HOME! 




3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

stay well Astrid - I have been looking at a map of the world with all the virus marked on it and saw your island was on it too - we are to just go the grocery, doctor and pharmacy we can take walks but to stay far apart - no curfew or lock down although some states are being stricter. love your log cabins always!

StephsQults said...

Love the log cabin Astrid, glad you have enough fabric to keep you happily sewing through the lock down. Hope you have enough of the other essential supplies! Not quite lock down here but basically told to stay at home and only essential services available. Take care. And great view!

Karen S said...

So good to see you keeping busy in these crazy times. Your log cabin quilt is looking stunning.
And what a lovely view you have!