Tuesday, March 17, 2020

APQ and QUILTSY TEAM UFO Challenge March Finish

APQ & QUILTSY Team's UFO Challenge for March 2020 is #7,
....and mine is FINISHED!


It was an easy finish, so to say; the top was already done and I had the backing fabric and batting. I finished it the first week this month, but didn't get around to take photos until a couple of days ago. Lots of rain and gloomy days lately, not the best weather for photographing.


I love scrappy quilts more and more. I had so much fun rediscovering 'old' fabric, some from when I started quilting 15 years ago. (Gasp! Is it really that long ago?!) 


It's a fun 'I spy' (Eye Spy) quilt, where kids can look for objects that are difficult to spot from a distance. Do you see the cats? The Eiffel Tower? The baubles? Sliced bananas? 


If you are a scrap quilter, don't you just love all those different fabrics that has a history? 


When I saw this fabric, I knew I had to buy it for this quilt! It fits so very well a log cabin quilt! I love it! The disadvantage is it is not a wide backing, which I prefer. (Wide backings make my life easier!) I had to add two lengths together. I have machine sewn the binding to the back, to avoid putting stress to my not so good elbow. 


This is what is left of the backing fabric; some 2", 2.5" squares and some 1.5" strips. Already cut and stored in boxes for a future scrappy quilt. :) 

******************************

APQ & QUILTSY TEAM UFO CHALLENGE per March 2020

#1 – Log Cabin #1 (my list #13)
#2 – PSQ / Pinwheel Lap Quilt (10) FINISHED!
#3 – Scrappy 2” strips (15)
#4 – Black/White Wall Hanging (7)
#5 – Deer Log Cabin TT (17)
#6 – Nifty Nurses WH (3)
#7 – Log Cabin #3 (18) FINISHED!
#8 – Snowman Village WH (9)
#9 – Log Cabin #2 (14) FINISHED!
#10 – Snowman Village Attic Window (8)
#11 – Scrappy 1” squares (16)
#12 – Star batik quilt (12)

******************************

MY UFO LIST per March 17, 2020 

#1 - Got the Blues
#2 - Irish Chain in blue and white
#3 - Nifty Nurses Wall Hanging
#4 - Scrappy Flannel Quilt
#5 - Lap Quilt
#6 - Scrappy Christmas Quilt
#7 - Scrappy Black and White Wall Hanging
#8 - Snowman Wall Hanging / Attic Window
#9 - Snowman Village Wall Hanging
#10 - PSQ / Pinwheel Lap Quilt - FINISHED!
#11 - Advent Calendar - FINISHED!
#12 - Scrappy Star Quilt batik
#13 - Log Cabin #1
#14 - Log Cabin #2FINISHED!
#15 - Scrappy 2 inch strips
#16 - Scrappy 1 inch squares
#17 - Deer Log Cabin Table Topper
#18 - Log Cabin #3FINISHED!

*******************************

HAPPY (UFO) QUILTING!




5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good to see you blog this week, love your photos of what you are working. I hope your little island area is safe still

Sharon said...

Beautiful scrappy cabin! Thanks for sharing it with us. :o)

Barb N said...

So nice to have a finish that has been . . . years in the making, with all those pieces that have history in your quilting life. Fun, fun!

JM in Toronto said...

Wonderful, Astrid. What a great use of some of those scraps we all have.

Elzaan said...

Well done on the finish! This is a lovely quilt.
Each quilt has a story - some stories are recent and others take years in the making. Each is special in it's own way :)