Tuesday, April 19, 2011

1200 inches binding in less than one month - part 2

Since I have some finishes and quite some photos, I thought it is better to do two posts instead of overloading you with photos in one post! :)

This morning I got DH to stretch a line from the coconut tree to the neighbor's wall, for easier taking photos of the big quilts. This side of our garden faces East, and since the sun has to "climb over a small mountain" to reach this area, it should be one of the more convenient places to take photos out of the strong glare from the sun.

Second UFO finished is the Star Burst mystery quilt.


Brave enough to do FMQ on this one too! :) I have chosen Superior Thread's King Tut #1003 for the quilting, and I just love the effect the black & red thread does on the charcoal background! The reds look like small worms - lol!  To enlarge, click on the photo.


Third UFO finished, is the Pinwheel quilt...


I wasn't sure I liked this collection when I bought it, but after adding it together with the white tone-on-tone for the pinwheels and the light, narrow border, I changed my mind; I do love it! :)


More practising on FMQ...


I have quite a bit to go before all the stitches are even, but as I have mentioned earlier; it is all about practising!


Fabrics used in this quilt is "Evening Mist" by Sentimental Studio (Moda). I've used one layer cake and some extra fabric for the border. For the pinwheels and narrow, light border, I have used fabric from my stash.


I still have an "Evening Mist" jelly roll, but have yet to decide on that one...

The baby quilt is not a UFO. I began working on it just after New Year, if not mistaken.
It's a scrappy quilt, all fabrics from my stash.


I've used blue, pink, green and white tone-on-tone for the background.


No fancy FMQ on this one; quilted in the ditch.


The last days I'm working on another UFO; the Jiffy quilt, which I hope to finish within 1-2 or maybe 3 days. :)


16 comments:

Elzaan said...

The pinwheel quilt is definitly my favorite! The baby quilt and start burst quilts are fantastic.

Barbara said...

Your star burst quilt is absolutely one of the most beautiful quilts that I have ever seen. Can you please tell me the pattern and where you found it ?

The colors are just outstanding !

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilts look great! I love the first one you show - you have been busy sewing and not blogging lately!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Nat Palaskas said...

Congratulations on finishing so many quilts. I'm impressed! A great way to hang the quilts for photo shoot! Hugs Nat

PJs Lapperier said...

Så många vackra teppen du sytt klart!
Fantastiskt fin quiltning.

busymum100 said...

You've produced lovely quilts. I always enjoy looking at them!

I just wonder, what do youdo with them? Do you sell or give away as gifts?

zarina said...

I had something in mind to comment but the past few days were of running errands and am dead beat now.

Good work on your quilts and love the FMQing. Enjoy using your machine that now you have got it back.

Dirt Lover said...

Astrid, your quilts are beautiful! I really like how the pinwheel turned out. Great job on hanging them, too!
~~Lori

Sølvis blog said...

Gratulerer med tre digre quilter ferdig. Stjernekvilten ble bare helt super, og den brune er delikat.

Gudveig HN said...

Kjempefine tepper du har sydd!

Lappedamen said...

Stjernequilten er utrolig flott, de to andre er også lekre, men stjernequilten er min favoritt. Nydelig quilting også.

Sigrun said...

Så flink du har vært. Likte spesielt pinewheel quilten din, nydelige farger.

Fleurette said...

What wonderful finishes,those quilts are gorgeous! love the photos taken on the washline.

janses.blogspot.com said...

Hei Astrid. tusen takk for hyggelig kommentar på bloggen min samt hyggelig velkomst på QuiltSkandinavia :-) Du har veldig mye lekkert på bloggen din, hyggelig lesing:-) Ha en fin dag på Mauritius, eller det er vel natt der nå. Mvh Janse

Elisabeth said...

Otroligt många läckra quiltar. Bra jobbat !!

Elisabeth

Lhassa said...

Magnifiques créations Toutes tes!