Monday, April 9, 2012

Scraps, Charms, Swap - Postage Stamp Quilt

Do you have in mind - some time in the future - to make a Postage Stamp quilt, but today you don't have charms (squares) enough? Perhaps you are a newbie who doesn't have enough charms to swap? As a newbie, you can now request a gift pack of 50 charms. Or perhaps you have many matching squares (from the same fabrics) and want to swap some with other quilters around the world?
This year, Mary over at The Curious Quilter, is hosting a Postage Stamp charm swap. There will be four swaps this year and the second round is open now - April 6 - 22, 2012. Click here for all the details.

I knew about the swap this month, but do you believe I got around to prepare the charms in time?! NO! I will be punished for that over the next couple of days! LOL. Well, I am a bit organized; for every project I finish, I do cut leftover fabrics - what is suitable - into 2 or 2.5 inches, but sort them, that's another story! :)
Yesterday I pulled out all the boxes with 2 inches and 2.5 inches squares, to sort them into colors. Most of them were already organized on size, but not on colors.


Two boxes; 2 inch and 2.5 inch charms


Yesterday I attacked the 2 inch charms, sorted into colors


Matching charms sorted on colors.
Now I'll pick 100 charms (matching sets) for the swap. 


Today I shall see if I'll attack the 2.5 inch charms.... Still have to make a few more 2 inch matching sets for the swap.


Come join the fun!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Lots of cutting and sorting for you!!
Should be great fun with all the charms you will swap.

PJs Lapperier said...

Vad har du nu för spännande projekt på gång?

Elzaan said...

Enjoy the swap,and the cutting & sorting.
I am interested in such a quilt, but I have this crazy idea of doing it a bit differently...

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you have been busy!! that is a lot of sorting and cutting - good thing you already had the cutting done.
Karen

Ulla said...

Tack för besöket på min blogg och din uppmuntrande kommentar.jag gillar verkligen det enkla mönstret till sockarna och de sitter så bra.
Planerar att göra en postage stamp kvilt men nej jag har inte alls så många tygbitar som det behöves.Troligen blir det en minikvilt.Jag har just nu några dagar ledigt efter påsken och det känns så skönt.önskar dig en fin dag