Friday, January 18, 2013

New York Beauty blocks #2 and #9

YIPPY!
They are all done and here are the two last ones.

Block #2 - has Amy from Amy Lou Who's tutorial. Click here for the tutorial.


And finally, block #9 - the last one.
This block has Lindsay from Lindsay Sews' tutorial. Click here for the tutorial.


The New York Beauty Quilt Along is hosted by Kim from My Go-Go Life.
There are lots of New York Beauty photos in the Flickr Group.

Since I now have sewn all the blocks, time has come putting them together. I have 40 blocks - 8 inch sewn into quilt. I have no idea how I'm going to do it... I think I will have to spread all the blocks on the floor and play with a pattern.... One idea is to add the four blocks of each pattern together and then add a narrow sashing around it... But that is just a thought right now...
What I have learnt by making all these blocks, is how important contrast is. I would love to make more NYB's, but right now I need a break! :)  

3 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh Astrid your blocks are absolutely stunning!

PJs Lapperier said...

Så jättefina block du sytt!/Pirjo

Carrie P. said...

Yay! those are very pretty too. can't wait to see them all together.