Friday, August 14, 2015

Autumn is approaching..........

.... on the Northern hemisphere...
Autumn is my favorite season of the year; its gorgeous colors and crisp air. 
I don't get anything of it here in the tropics, except some trees on the plateau that change colors. Crisp air? Only on 'cold' days during the tropical 'winter' that lasts from June throughout August. Days are getting warmer now...
Living on the Southern hemisphere, I can only dream of a Norwegian autumn. :)

As I just mentioned; I love autumn colors and have a few finishes


Table topper (SOLD!)

 

Candle mat or table mat


Mug rug, of course! :)

The candle mat and mug rug are for sale in my Etsy Shop

I love to use up bits and pieces of fabrics I love and I'm currently working on a set of four place mats. The 'plan' is to finish them today.... Most probably that will fail, as usual when I make plans! :)   

Due to computer issues, I have missed out on what's going on in blogland. Our CPU is seriously ill and is at the ICU. I'm on a borrowed laptop now, huge thanks to dear friends! One advantage being without the computer for some days, is that I managed to do a lot of sewing. I have several finished items that need photos.
 
 

7 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Beautiful Autumn colours. I'm so looking forward to my first Autumn back here in Switzerland. Like you, Fall is my favorit season and it was what I missed most when living in the tropics.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes fall well be here in about a month although I hear in Alaska they are waking up to 40 degree mornings already - that won't happen here in Arkansas for some time still glad you have a borrowed computer to use while yours gets some tender loving care.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Autumn is my favourite season too, I love the colours. Your have replicated those colours beautifully in your sewing. Very lovely!

-Soma

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I love Autumn too Astrid but here on the coast sometimes it can be like summer!

Elzaan said...

Beautiful pieces and the colours are amazing. Autumn is a nice time, all over the world, I think. Rich colours from the trees can be an inspiration to any quilter. My "autumn inspired quilt" was a failure, but is used the most LOL

Carrie P. said...

Wonderful projects. I am looking forward to fall arriving here in North Carolina.

Umm-Yara said...

Vilka härliga höstfärger!