Friday, February 7, 2020

Scrappy Log Cabin Flimsy and Tea Cozy

First of all; THANK YOU  EVERYONE for your comments on my previous post
Currently I have an email problem, which I hope to sort out soonest.  

I got so excited and almost out of breath about the scrappy log cabin quilt (UFO) that I couldn't stop until it was done! 
Well, I did eat and sleep in between! LOL


100 blocks later, this is how it looks like. It measures approximately 80 x 80 inches (2 x 2 meters). In my previous post, I said I have 122 blocks. That's wrong and I don't know how I managed to miscount?! The quilt flimsy consists of 100 blocks and I have 12 left, how can that be 122?! Not sure what I'll do with the remaining blocks, maybe add them to the back? I shall see when I receive the backing fabric. 
I love how it turned out! Log cabin is one of my favorite blocks/patterns; so many possibilities. 

I've been working on and finished some Easter items lately (yet to take photos). 
I had a little bit of this fabric left and decided to make a tea cozy.


Isn't this the cutest bunny? 
Last night I quilted the tea cozy (no photos) and I may finish it later today. 


Don't you just love it when this is all that is left from a fabric? I have a few squares already cut from other projects and this is all that is left after I cut the pieces for the tea cozy.

I've enjoyed first cuppa of the day while writing this blog post. Cuppa is empty, a sign I have to get off from here and do some house cores. 

HAPPY QUILTING! 





10 comments:

StephsQults said...

Astrid, stunning log cabin! What a brilliant scrap quilt.

Sharon said...

Beautiful log cabin! Thanks for sharing. :o)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love how the log cabin turned out - what a wonderful use of scraps

Barb N said...

I love the design created with the lights and darks!

Chantal said...

Wonderful log cabin layout. I love the effect. It's almost like a plaid wanna-be. I love log cabin block too. It's a great way to make scraps disappear. ;^)

Elzaan said...

Your Log Cabin is absolutely beautiful!

peggy said...

Astrid, it's beatiful. I love the secondary patterns you created.

peggy said...

Astrid, This quilt is stunning. I love the secondary pattern you created with careful planning. And how about a pillow cover with the extra blocks?

Liz Brown said...

Looks great!

Marit Johanne said...

It is beautiful! You are talented to put the colors nice together.