Friday, April 21, 2017

Scrappy Green UFO is FINISHED!

I hope you all that a wonderful Easter; some relaxing days and lots of yummy food. 

If you read my previous post, I was in the process of quilting the Scrappy Green quilt. Actually it didn't take that long to FMQ (Free Motion Quilting) it. What took time was to wait for the right day (light) to take photos. 


Love all those different shades of green


Took me some time to decide on how to quilt it. It ended up FMQ in my favorite pattern; loopy swirls :)


Just love the scrappy border and corner stones! 


... and the scrappy back! 
I made it so that it can be used on both sides.
I thought I had pre-washed all the fabrics, but I think I must have missed a couple. I threw it in the washing machine together with 3 color sheets and they came out green! Fortunate no bleeding on the white! 
Love the crinkled and 'vintage' look after it was washed. 
All fabrics used are from my stash, but it didn't make a dent! lol

The granny square lap quilt (UFO) is finished too, but that will be another post. 

HAPPY QUILTING! 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It turned out beautifully! Love the colors.

Karen S said...

Great work on your Green quilt. It looks lovely all finished. Great way to use so many greens!

Elzaan said...

That looks awesome!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love all the greens! I think you picked the best way to quilt it. The loops look wonderful!