Friday, July 17, 2009

Gifts from friends


Ain't I lucky having such good friends as Kari and Majka?! Both of them sent me surprise gifts; books. From Majka I received Kaffe Fassett's "Glorious Patchwork". I know Fassett from his knitting designs and have read he is into patchwork too, but never had I seen any of his patchwork books. I received this book yesterday - once again a big thank you Majka! First today I had time for a better look. I love the simplicity of his quilts; made by squares, triangles, strips, diamonds etc. They are bright, colorful and vibrant. Stunning quilts - quilts I'd like to decorate the walls and staircase in my house with... The quilt on this photo is made of four sizes of triangles - doesn't it look great?!




Some weeks ago I received this lovely book from Kari; "Tildas Landsted". Once again - a big thank you to you! :) I'd been searching for a quilt pattern by Tone Finnanger (Norwegian author of the Tilda books). Kari did some research for me, but I never expected her to gift me the book! :) The book has some very cute projects from the seaside as well as the countryside. I know there's a "Tilda Craze" out there and if you would like to see more of her works, take a look here.




"Winter" weather in Mauritius; rain. No, it doesn't rain all the time, but the last days have been quite nasty with local showers. We went to Port Louis (the capital) a couple of days ago. While raining & a bit chilly this side it was hotter and nice there. Rain & sun bring beautiful rainbows too; like this one we viewed some days ago.




1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a pretty rainbow.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/