Friday, July 3, 2009

Zigzag quilt progress & mischief

Over the last days I have worked like crazy on the diamond-shaped blocks. (See my previous post). I have completed the total of 38 blocks. Today I started with the small triangles for the top & bottom, which requires a total of 12 blocks. So far I am very proud of myself, because I have used scraps only. I can't afford using new fabrics, but I guess I have to because I'm running out of colors now. This kind of quilt is perfect for using up scraps.
If Birre-Liten is not outside, he uses to sleep on the pillow on my sewing table. Don't tell me he is spoilt rotten - he is! I always keep an eye on him - and the pins - when he jumps up on table - I thought! This time I missed! He jumped up and when he walked the few steps to the pillow, he stepped on the side of the pin box - and you can see what happened! :(( There were pins on the table, under the sewing machine and on the floor! Poor Birre-Liten looks a bit surprised - doesn't he?! I don't think he was aware of what happened and why I shouted to him. Fortunate it all went well, but he should be a little bit more careful next time! :)

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your strips are looking great - too bad you will need to cut into bigger pieces than scraps. I save a lot of scraps and need to get back to my scrappy pineapple blocks one day. I have not spent too much time in my sewing room lately.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/