Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend sewing

Sunday late afternoon here in the tropics.
Yesterday I worked on a shopping bag, but got a little bit bored with it when the straps didn't turn out as I had in mind.


 
I love making small projects, like the drawstring bags in one of my previous posts... I'm always drawn back to bigger quilts though, and yesterday morning I pulled out the going to be 'Postage Stamp Quilt' - a quilt-along we do in this wonderful group. I got inspired by Diane, whose quilt is already sent for longarm quilting!
 
Some of us are making the quilt using jelly rolls, while others are adding together squares. When we decided on the quilt-along, I already had one jelly roll sitting there - Evening Mist from Moda - that I had no plans for. I added one solid jelly roll; Bella Solids Natural. I love the fabrics, but the colors are a bit outside my comfort zone - perhaps I'll get used to it?! :)
 
Some months ago I sewed together the strips, but then I had to get going with the birthday quilts and put it all away. 
 
 
Yesterday I cut the sewn together strips into 2.5 inch segments...
 
 
....and sewn into 10.5 inch squares
 
 
I've sewn 20 blocks yesterday/today - I need 48....
I shall see tonight if I sew a few more.
 
 
 


6 comments:

quilton said...

I love the looks of the quilt. Not normally my colours but it is stunning.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice colors - I too sometimes work with fabric colors I don't normally use - for me I guess it would be floral prints and the modern looking prints

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I can't believe you got so many blocks done so quickly! What's your secret?? I've just been busy and need to make time to get my stuff done!!

Karen said...

This looks like a lot of work, again. Good luck!
And the giraffe fabric looks great.

Bev C said...

Hello Astrid,

Just love that Giraffe fabric, good luck with the rest of those little postage blocks.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Anonymous said...

I think it is gonna be a nice quilt. If you think it´s a it out of colour, you can always add some colourful fabrics in the border :)
Gun, Sweden