Monday, March 19, 2018

Another Red and White Lap Quilt and some Small Items

Yesterday was Sunday and 'blog day', but I was too pooped last night to even write a single word. Early Monday morning, cuppa in hand and here we go! :) 

In my previous blog post, I had started working on some mug rugs, finished one as well as a couple of trivets. Monday came and the plan was to hand sew binding on the table runners that have multiplied lately. The goal was to do one each day for one week and they should be done. That never happened, except one small table topper. Progress! Haha!

I got carried away with another big quilt! A lap quilt size this time.
Ever since I made the red and white custom order lap quilt earlier this year, I have wanted to make another one for my shop.



I have used the same fabrics as the first one I made and some squares were already cut. This one has a different design. I finished the quilt top yesterday. For the back I want to use bigger squares, but not sure I have enough fabrics left for that. 

As I already have mentioned; one table topper is finished! 



Don't you love these poppies? It's so summer!
The table topper will be added to my Etsy Shop soon. 

Drum Roll please!!! 
I have a finished UFO!!!



A small wall hanging or table topper, can also be used as place mat.
This item will be added to my Etsy Shop soon. 



A couple of new trivets. Feels good to use up some bits and pieces. What are these flowers called?  These trivets will be added to my Etsy Shop soon. 

...and a couple of Hu LaLa mug rugs



This item will be added to my Etsy Shop soon. 



https://www.etsy.com/listing/586095276/quilted-mug-rug-orange-red-snack-mat

This was my creative week, how was yours? Hope you had a good one! 

HAPPY QUILTING! 

***********************************************************************
Updated UFO list per March 18, 2018 

#1 - Log Cabin/Elk Table Topper (orphan block) FINISHED! 
#2 - Table Topper Purple Pansies - FINISHED! 
#3 - Wall Hanging Hawaii Dancing Girls - FINISHED!
#4 - Christmas Place Mats - set of 4
#5 - PSQ - Squares and Pinwheels
#6 - PSQ - Scrappy Squares
#7 - Scrappy Irish Chain in Blue and White
#8 - Bonnie's 'Provence'
#9 - Sunbonnet Sue - NNC block swap
#10 - Lap Quilt in Red and White - FINISHED! 
#11 - Pat Sloan's Grandma's Kitchen
#12 - Scrappy Log Cabin
#13 - Got the Blues
#14 - Nifty Nurses
#15 - Scrappy Flannel Quilt
#16 - Scrappy Christmas Quilt
#17 - Lap Quilt
#18 - Scrappy Black and White Wall Hanging
#19 - Scrappy 1 inch squares (sewn into quilt)
#20 - Bag

***********************************************************************

Follow Red Needle Quilts on Social Media:


*********************************************************************************

3 comments:

Karen S said...

Well done on the finishes.
The red and white looks wonderful!

Barb Neiwert said...

YES! Your UFOs are getting whittled down. I love the red and white quilt - someone will certainly love that one!

Elzaan said...

You are a busy bee!
Well done on another finish and the red and white quilt looks awesome! I think after all this hard work, you should keep it for yourself :)