Sunday, April 7, 2019

Week in Review / Some Finishes and WIPs

It's late Sunday afternoon and time for a blog update. 
The sun is shining again today after a couple of days with heavy showers. The temperature has dropped 2-3 degrees (Celsius) and we do hope this is finally the beginning of 'winter'! This summer has been hot! Hot! Hot! More showers to come the coming days, meteo predicts, which is just perfect for indoor activities; quilting! 

In my previous post I mentioned a batik quilt top I was going to work on. As said so done and here it is in all its glory! Finished! 


I love how it turned out! I have used about 40 different batiks. It measures approximately 63.50 x 71 inches / 161 x 180 cm, a good size lap quilt.


For the back I have used a fun batik designed by Pat Sloan.
Soon to be listed in my Etsy Shop


Some weeks ago I finished my 2nd batik jelly roll quilt (see previous post).  I had sew much fun making this one. Love the vibrant colors! 


Don't you just love the back? I have used a gorgeous color splash batik in turquoise, pink, yellow, green etc. Measures approximately 56 x 70 inches / 142 x 177 cm.
Soon to be listed in my Etsy Shop.

I'm still working with batik... 


Some of the blocks for my 3rd batik quilt. I'm not sure how big I want it; lap size or bigger... Currently I have 20 12 inch blocks (sewn into quilt). I need 35 blocks to make a 60 x 84 inch quilt.... 15 to go! ....or more! :) 


Sneak peek on the NYB wall hanging! It is done and ready to be quilted. 

I bet most of you are sick and tired of winter and don't want to hear the word 'Christmas'?! Look what I finished today:

 Another Advent Calendar! :) 
Coming soon in my Etsy Shop.

... and finally...


... a few more coasters for the upcoming Christmas Fair in Vadsø, Norway. 

Time to sign off and get some sewing done this evening. 

HAPPY QUILTING and have a fabulous Sunday! 

****************************************************************

Follow Red Needle Quilts on Social Media:


**************************************************************

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I love the brilliant colors that you use in your quilts! Beautiful!

StephsQults said...

Love the batik quilts, you have been busy!

MooseCarol said...

You create such fun and beautiful things!

Elzaan said...

Those batik quilts are so my style - bright and colourful! Absolutely love them.
Great job on making more trinkets for the Christmas fair! I am sure Kari will have great time selling them.
The wall hanging is very intriguing...would love to see the whole thing.

Liz Brown said...

I love all the different ways you used the batiks, and each one is beautiful!