Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Scrappy Christmas quilt - progress

 Thank you everyone for your comments on my previous post!

It has been some busy few weeks. I decided to paint one of the bathrooms and the top floor porch. It has been 13 years since the interior of our house was painted, I think it's high time to repaint! (It took time to convince DH! LOL). Going from yellow to light grey with a touch of lime green in the bath/wash room, it looks so much better! We are almost there, left to do some drilling - (do I need to say I hate concrete walls?!) - and getting things in order again. 

In between painting and running errands during daytime, I've enjoyed sewing very early mornings and late nights. I must say making scrappy quilts indeed are addictive! It may be a bit tedious sewing many same size squares together, but it makes me happy! 😊

These are the last two rows. I have left to make one full and one half blocks before I can put it all together. 


My sewing table this morning. It may look like a mess, but I have full control! lol I'm running low on green and red Christmas fabric. That's OK, feels good to use up bits and pieces. 
Looking at the photo; don't you think it's time to make a new sewing machine cover?! 

HAPPY QUILTING! 



 

3 comments:

Chantal said...

Love your scrappy Christmas quilt. Sewing cover? You mean, I have to do that? Oops! There's always something to do. lol. ;^)

Jenny said...

Yes indeed, maybe you could stitch up a pretty red and green cover out of any remaining bits from this current project.

Karen S said...

Scrappy Christmas quilts look lovely.
Good luck finishing the painting.