It started out with the 'Flying Geese' blocks and the 2 blocks in the center. Those are leftovers from this quilt I made for my dear childhood friend in Norway in 2012. I had totally forgotten about those blocks and rediscovered them (last year) in a box when I was looking for something else. The original plan was to use the blocks for a pieced backing for another quilt (can't even remember which one!). I had no design in mind when I started out. I had the blocks and searched my stash for 'ugly' and 'never-going-to-use' fabrics.
For the border I've done diagonal straight seams, 1' between each seem. 'Of course' it didn't match up at the end! I pondered about that for awhile, then decided to rip part of the seams and do horizontal straight seams on each side (top) instead. It turned out as if there's never been done a mistake! lol For the quilting I used Superior Threads King Tut #983. Binding is machine sewn to the back.
- 3 Tea Cozies, Cardinals - all pieces cut - no progress
- PSQ blocks 36 patches - ongoing project - 9 blocks done
- 3 Advent Calendars - quilting/binding - DONE!
- 3 Advent Calendars - purchase backing fabric - DONE!
- Christmas Card Holder - quilting/binding - DONE!
- Christmas Table Topper - quilting/binding - DONE!
- Christmas Wall Hanging - quilting/binding - DONE!
- Pineapple Quilt (UFO) - make a pieced backing - not done