Saturday, August 17, 2024

RSC Week #33 - ORANGE

Hello!
It's already past middle August! How did that happen?! 
I've been busy with this, that and everything. Finally this week I have the time to dive into the RSC color for August; ORANGE!

As said, I've been busy sewing the last days and here's the result.


First up is the August block from Sherri McConnel 'A Quilting Life'



Block #2 - Day Into Night


Block #10 - The Coffee Shop
Don't you just love that black cat?! 



5 Four-patches


1 Friendship block


1 Bowtie block


1 Pinwheel block


2 different Nine-patches

...and if my math is right, ALL blocks - except one - are done for this quilt! 
I'm sooo looking forward to get the top done, but that won't happen now. First priority are fall and Christmas items for my Etsy Shop

Linking up with Angela and RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge
(I'll do that as soon as her today's post is up).



12 comments:

Sara said...

So many cute orange blocks! Variety is my happy place with block making.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome ORANGE blocks, Astrid!!

Julierose said...

I just love all your orange blocks--so neat. And that black cat is adorable as is the pumpkin one, too...Enjoy the rest of our summer days hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You got some great blocks out of your orange scraps! I love that very first star. Looking forward to seeing the quilts you make out of your block collection!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I had fun spotting various eye-catching fabric being used in your blocks. Confession - I'm drawn to cats and bugs. You let them shine.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

all of your orange pieces are looking so good!!

Barwitzki said...

You sewed beautiful blocks... I hope you have fun creating your new top... and I look forward to seeing it.
I am also infected by the patch and quilt, it is so wonderful to work with the wonderful fabrics. I actually came from knitting - in Norway I knitted my first socks with a friend and later hats, sweaters, jackets and dresses. Then I got into sewing bags through small stock exchanges... lots of bags :-))) then clothing, pants, tops, dresses and even a coat and now quilts and the like. and what am I saying, I'm always missing some fabric color :-))) I'm happy about every block I see and think about how it was sewn.
Lots of love to you in Mauritius, dear Astrid.
Klem fra Viola

Chantal said...

I love the sunrise print. What a glorious way to start a post. Love your big star. I also love that black cat, of course! Looking forward to seeing more of those two 9-patch blocks. Enjoy! ;^)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Great assortment of blocks in a fun colour. I'm usually not a huge fan of orange, but seeing these is so cheery on a dull morning here.

Jeanna said...

You've made some beautiful orange blocks. Sounds like you will be on your way ot a flimsy soon.

Sue said...

Great orange work here! I'm loving your blocks & can't wait to see the flimsy after the Etsy rush is over.

Karen S said...

Your orange blocks are looking great. That is quite a collection.