Saturday, July 20, 2024

RSC Week #29 - AQUA

HAPPY END OF JULY!
How come it's second half of July already?! 
I haven't posted anything this month. July is the start of prepping Christmas items for my Etsy shop and is always a busy month. I've worked mostly on Advent Calendars, mug rugs and trivets. 

Angela at SuperScrappy has chosen AQUA for this month's RSC  (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) scrappy color, shades of blue leaning towards green. 

Hmmm.... That's a tricky color for me, as I don't have many prints in that color. I've done a mix of aqua, turquoise and teal. It's scrappy, after all! 
Let's see what has been done so far this month.
 

First up is July's block from Sherri McConnel 'A quilting Life'



Block #11 - Quilt Math


Block #21 - Tile Time



'Friendship' block


6 'Four-patches' 

Only a few blocks since I'm almost done, waiting for RSC Orange to complete the last blocks. 


4 Split-9 blocks

I have two aqua/turquoise approximately half yards, I may turn them into a couple of table toppers. 

Linking up with Angela and RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge



 

15 comments:

Sue said...

Your aqua blocks are all so pretty!!!!

Julierose said...

Lovely blocks Angela!! Nice work on melding these shades....turquoise has so many shades and tints, doesn't it? I am still in the de-stashing mode--one box sent out to a charity quilt maker and another getting packed...my shelves are starting to look more reasonable for making small pieces now...Hope your weekend is good--hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've made some beautiful blocks, Astrid! I always add in all the shades during aqua month, too - gives me more to work with. Good luck with your Etsy shop sales!

grammajudyb said...

For a girl who doesn’t have a lot of aqua, you made some fantastic blocks! I’m looking forward to the next color also!

Preeti said...

You got the hue right and all your blocks are so cool, they practically lowered the temperatures in the northern hemisphere :-) It is tricky to define teal, aqua and turquoise. I think of all the colors between blue and green and get going.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your aqua blocks look really good

Chantal said...

For someone who says that she doesn't have a lot of aqua fabric, you managed to do lots of blocks. Bravo! They are all beautiful. ;^)

Jenny said...

You have found enough of that colour to make your pretty blocks. This is not a colour I have a lot if either.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gorgeous AQUA blocks for the RSC, Astrid!!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

To my eye all those look aqua - and well done.

Susie H said...

Great job on so many different blocks! You've conquered RSC July, for sure!

Karen S said...

All your blocks are lovely. Good use of your fabrics.

Barwitzki said...

You were diligent...
My tops will be quilted in some time. I'm so excited.
Now I have started another one, very simple but colorful.
I love your blocks...well done.
hug Viola

time4stitchn said...

Your colors are so soothing! I absolutely love them. You made so many nice blocks. And Sherri McConnel's block is just beautiful! The color combinations are really so pretty together. Nice job!

Marit Johanne said...

Jeg synes du har laget mange fine blokker selv om du ikke hadde så mye i de fargene. Da har du kanskje fått brukt opp noen av de restene.