Saturday, June 29, 2024

RSC Week #26 - Last of the Blues

 ...for this month, that is.

It has been a busy sewing week, working on Advent Calendars for my Etsy shop.


As I mentioned in my previous post, I ran out of Silver Metallic thread for the Blue Holidays calendar. It was delivered a couple of days ago. I got to it right away and now they (3x) are waiting for binding to be attached. 

4x 'Tomten's Forest Friends' - binding to be attached


2x 'Tomten's Village - binding to be attached too

...and finally...


 ...the table runner for the buffet!
I bought a charm pack some years ago; 'Indi-Glow' by Studio Mousseau / Wilmington Prints. Never knew what to do with it, until recently. The buffet needs a new table runner and these prints are perfect. I had to trim the squares to 4-7/8", since none of them were 5x5", they were 5x4-7/8", some even smaller! So irritating! That's why I seldom buy precuts. 
As you can see, binding is missing on this one too. I found one print in my stash that can go. 

All blues stored away for this time! Waiting for Angela to announce the RSC color for July.
Update: July's color is AQUA

'Winter' has definitely arrived. It's raining almost every day and with the high humidity it feels sooo cold! It was +16C / 60.8F and 72% humidity this morning. BRRR! You are allowed to laugh! lol
Keep sewing, it keeps my fingers warm! 

Linking up with Angela and RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge
 

7 comments:

Chantal said...

The calendars are sooo beautiful. The silver threat is really the way to go for these. I guess you are now binding like there's no tomorrow. Enjoy! ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Advent calendars are lovely! I hope they sell well for you. That is frustrating about the charm pack, but you've made a lovely tablerunner from those pretty colors anyway!

scraphappy said...

You got so much done! The quilts look great, and it is fun to put those precuts to use in a single project and get them out of the way, especially when they are not quite perfect. They will look beautiful on the buffet. Have fun with the binding.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Astrid, yes I did laugh! Brrr indeed! Thanks for the chuckle. Meanwhile, lovely sewing at your house. I looked at your photos up close...pretty designs and your stitching is so immaculate. All of it so wonderful! Happy continued stitching from me!

grammajudyb said...

I agree with the problem of precuts. Every single Jelly Roll I have used was skimpy! So annoying! It was 66degrees F this morning in our house and I put on a sweatshirt, long pants and my slippers! Normally that’s not cold here, but I’m getting a bit older and colder lately!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your advents are so pretty - of course you know I love the colour! Binding is my least favourite chore so I wish you luck.

maggie fellow said...

beautiful projects