Sunday, June 2, 2024

RSC Week #22 - BLUE for June

Welcome June! 

Goodbye PINK - Welcome BLUE
Angela at Super Scrappy has chosen BLUE for June's  RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  

Since the last Saturday in April was on 25th, we got an early start on blue

All the blocks for 'Keep the Home Fires Burning' are done:


4 Bowties


4 Nine-patches


1 Pinwheel


3 Friendships


6 Four-patches

...and then over to other blocks: 


8 Split-Nine blocks



Block #4 - Cobble Stones


Block #7 - Tidy Rows

Some of you may remember I worked on 'Star Streams' last year? 
Today (Wednesday), I dug deep in the box containing UFOs and pulled out the already made blocks. I have a few more blocks to make before I move on to the 'Step blocks'. 



These are the six different Star blocks
Update Friday; all 28 star blocks done! 


I've also made 5 'Step blocks', I was curious how they would turn out.
I have to make 23 more, total 28. 

I still have a few blocks to do; zippers and scrap jars. 
This month my goal is to get the 'Star Streams' into a flimsy. 

Linking up with Angela and RSC - Rainbow Scrap Challenge





8 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

aaaaah - blue is MUCH nicer than pink (at least in my eyes anyway). Blue's my favourite colour so of course I like it.

Chantal said...

Love all your blocks. I haven't pulled my blue scrap out yet but I enjoyed seeing yours. Tidy Rows is calling my name I think. Sigh! Of course, it is; it's full of HSTs, lol. Looking forward to seeing Star Streams come together. Enjoy! ;^)

Jenny said...

As I was reading your blog post I kept discovering more and more pretty blue blocks. You certainly have been busy!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aah these are beautiful, Astrid. I love how you fussy cut the polar bear for one of the blocks- too cute.

Preeti said...

This is so not fair. June JUST started (and with a weekend, no less) and you are already showing off with so many pretty blue blocks. Slow down, please and give us a chance to catch up :-D

Mary said...

My, you have been very productive! Blue has always been my favorite color.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

WOW!!! you really dug in and got a LOT of Blue Accomplished!!!!
Love all those blocks - and the star blocks - so cool!!!

time4stitchn said...

Holy cow! You really jumped on the band wagon and got a lot of "blues". So many different blocks and so many accomplished! Hooray for you!