Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Coffee with Dad - RSC Finish

...as the title says; Coffee with Dad is finished! 
UFO #26 on my UFO/WIP list 2026
Actually I finished it in May, but didn't take photos at that time.   


An easy and fun quilt to make! 


Drums, daffodils, black cat and colorful gecko


Yellow cat


Geckoes and sunflowers


The pink cat, and favorite coffee batik
Yes, I love cats! It was fun to rediscover some of the fussy cut fabrics for the cups.


Pieced backing
It was difficult to get the colors right. I took the photos in the shade on the porch. The bottom looks a bit washed out compared to the top that have more the right colors. 


I've had this teapots / teacups fabric for years. The idea was to make some table quilts (table runners, placemats, tea cozy etc) which never happened. I had saved it because it was 'too pretty to cut'! lol Well, I just had to trim it a bit to fit the backing.


...and yes, I did incorporate the broken handle cup to the back! 😃
The binding is an 'old' black and white animal print I found in my stash.


First blocks made: January 2025 (RSC)
Flimsy: March 2026
Finished: May 8, 2026

Size: 60 x 83 inches / 153 x 210 cm
All fabrics from my stash


Other UFO Finishes 2026, take a look here



14 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Congrats on your finish. Very cute!!!

Chantal said...

These cups turned into a great quilt. Is it really for your dad? I love the close-up shots and would LOVE to have that yellow cat cup in real life. Happy that you found a little place for the broken cup. It proves that there's room for anyone in this world, even broken cups. Bravo! ;^)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Another great finish! I'm so happy you used the 'broken' cup on the back.

Jeanna said...

Well done, Astrid. Congratulations on another finish. I love how you incorporated the 'broken handle' cup into the backing.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aaw this is a darling quilt, Astrid. So many fun fabrics and I just adore the broken coffee cup block on the back ; it made me smile. It reminded me of a favorite mug that I broke the handle off of and I still kept it to put pencils in. Enjoy your day.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love this quilt! You are finishing so many amazing quilts!

Julierose said...

What a lovely finish--great use for the teapot fabric...love all the novelties in this one, Astrid...;))) nice work--congrats on the finish!! Hugs, Julierose

Astrid said...

Thank you, Chantal! The quilt is for me (my dad is gone long time ago). Instead of a square quilt (pattern), I made it rectangle to fit the bed.

Carolyn said...

What a great finish! And you were able to use the tea pot fabric for the back, so that is another win!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a beautiful finish, Astrid! I've loved your coffee cups all along, and it's so fun how you paired them with all the cute prints. Congratulations on your finish!

Jenny said...

Great work Astrud, I've enjoyed watching you stitch these coffee mugs over time. It has turned out beautifully.

Karen S said...

This is a lovely finish. It is great to see all the fun fabrics in each of the blocks. And I like the way you have put the backing together.
Lovely work.

Barwitzki said...

Your "Coffee with Dad" quilt is wonderful, dear Astrit.
I love mugs and also enjoy having coffee and tea. Perhaps one day I’ll sew a few mug blocks myself.
Congratulations on your beautiful quilt featuring those wonderful fabrics.
Warm regards, Viola

Astrid said...

Thank you, Viola! It was an easy and fun quilt to make. I love mugs and coffee, not so much tea.