Wednesday, July 22, 2026

My Treat: Jolly Tree Farm Mystery QAL

After all the sorting / decluttering I've been doing the last couple of weeks, I need a treat, right?
Good progress on my 'secret project' too, ....and not to forget the UFOs I have finished so far this year! (I still need to take photos!!).
I think I have deserved to have fun with something new! 

I couldn't resist FQS's 'Jolly Tree Farm Mystery QAL'! 
Any of you quilting along?


I've printed all the released block patterns

I'm not purchasing the recommended fabrics, I'm using from my stash. 
I remembered I have a Christmas half yard bundle (Nose to Nose - Susan Winget), but it does not contain any green and it has only one dark red/black. Hmmm.... no, I don't think so.
That means I have to dig deeper into my Christmas stash! GOSH!! I'm so tired of my 'old' boring fabrics! There should be some green, red, gold, and white/cream fabrics, I'm sure. 

Later in the day


These are what I pulled out; white on white background, green, red and brown for the trees and gold for the star blocks, all scrappy

My 'plan' was to pull weed today. This is what happened instead: 


Block #1 - Unfinished size: 11.5 x 18.5 inches / 29 x 47 cm
Yet to trim to size
I took this photo after dark in lamplight, not a good idea. The background fabric is white, not 'cream' as it looks like on the photo. 


 

No comments: