After all the sorting / decluttering I've been doing the last couple of weeks, I need a treat, right?
Good progress on my 'secret project' too, ....and not to forget the UFOs I have finished so far this year! (I still need to take photos!!).
I think I have deserved to have fun with something new!
I couldn't resist FQS's 'Jolly Tree Farm Mystery QAL'!
Any of you quilting along?
I've printed all the released block patterns
I'm not purchasing the recommended fabrics, I'm using from my stash.
I remembered I have a Christmas half yard bundle (Nose to Nose - Susan Winget), but it does not contain any green and it has only one dark red/black. Hmmm.... no, I don't think so.
That means I have to dig deeper into my Christmas stash! GOSH!! I'm so tired of my 'old' boring fabrics! There should be some green, red, gold, and white/cream fabrics, I'm sure.
Later in the day
My 'plan' was to pull weed today. This is what happened instead:
Yet to trim to size
I took this photo after dark in lamplight, not a good idea. The background fabric is white, not 'cream' as it looks like on the photo.
.jpg)
.jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
12 comments:
so many making Xmas quilts right now - reminds me I made a winter quilt that should be quilted next so it is ready for winter.
I agree - you do deserve a treat! I guess I figured I do too, because I ordered some stuff today. My excuse was that it's my birthday.
Well it looks like you did pull weeds today, it's just that it was the fabric kind instead of the garden kind, lol. Yes, you deserve a treat, even two. ;^)
Good that you found stash fabrics--that is what I plan to do on any future projects. Your little trees came out so well;))) hugs, Julierose
Such fun fabrics that you have chosen for the QAL. Love the pinecone fabric. Your 1st block looks fabulous, Astrid. I look forward to following your progress. Hugs.
I’m glad you were able to take a break from sorting and enjoy planning a new quilt. The tree block is really cute!
You have a nice start on Jolly Tree Farm. You are lucky to have stash to pull from. I have the FQS quilt kit for this project but I'm not sewing it until all of the patterns are released. You were building trees instead of pulling weeds....sounds like the right plan to me :)
I can't wait to see where this goes with the fabrics from your stash. They are so pretty. I would rather sew that pull weeds most days also. Great minds think alike.
You found the perfect fabric in your stash! Great!! I saw this quilt along and would love to join but too busy right now. I'll be watching for your progress!
Lovely pieces from your stash!
Dear Astrid, I wish you lots of fun with your new project... your first blog looks fantastic... great colors. I really like it.
Best regards, Viola
... and thanks for the link, Astrid ... I'll take a closer look at it.
Warm regards
Post a Comment