Friday, October 9, 2026

Fall Happiness in the mail today

I did not intend to purchase anything new, right?! But then.... suddenly the famous squirrel was sitting just in front of me and demanded me to purchase something! Does it sound familiar? I'm sure it does!

As much as I love fall, I don't have any decor I would like to display. Can you believe that?! I have been smitten by so many of you, for your lovely fall decors. 
...and of course, there is no fall here. However, I have noticed there are a few trees in the Black River Gorges that turn leaves. That's the nearest I can get to fall in nature on this island.

When FQS announced Pumpkin Hollow Row Along (A Quilting Life), I knew I had to grab the F8 bundle, fabric for the border & binding as well as the pattern! I didn't purchase any background fabric, I have a Moda Marbles that can be used. 


Birch and Willow F8s


Border and binding

I want to do some fall cross-stitching too. Another purchase happened today; 



I'm in love with Teresa Kogut Designs! 


I had to purchase the 'Hello Winter' booklet! It features 9 wintery cross stitch designs. All so cute!

I don't think I will start any Christmas cross-stitching at this point. I have a few mini-pillows - Melisa's Designs - to finish before I start anything new for Christmas. 

(Note: I'm not affiliated with FQS, except for purchases) 

 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely Fall and winter projects, Astrid--I haven't broken my "no buy" as yet...but... surely have been tempted haha--hugs, Julierose

Jeanna said...

You purchased some really nice things, Astrid. I love the fabric. I thought about the Kim Diehl cross stitch pattern...still thinking LOL.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a pretty bundle of fabric!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That's going to be a wonderful quilt so I can see why you succumbed.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Some projects and fabrics are too cute to resist! You bought some great things! I'm sure you'll enjoy them all.