Monday, November 23, 2009

Santa & the Quilted Goose

I don't know why, but Santa came early this year... I must have been an extremely good girl?! He even brought me a fat goose! :)
Well, this is a pattern designed by Judy Golder (Australia), which I bought earlier this year. Christmas is soon approaching and I love to either make a Santa or buy one - if I find something interesting. (I'm quite sure I'll buy one too! Hehehe!) It was easy to make him, and the greatest of all is that I used from my stash; didn't buy any flannel or other materials at all! :) Santa's clothes are made of flannel as well as his hands. The "boots" are made of black linen. The star on his hat and the beard (wool) were included with the pattern. The goose is quilted. Santa is 52 cm / 20 inch tall.
Cute - aren't they? :)

8 comments:

busymum100 said...

Astrid,

You certainly have a cute Santa!! He's so adorable. I hope you will have a great X-mas too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

they are cute - I have never seen that set before made by anyone. I can't believe it is only 32 days until Christmas I have not even thought of Christmas shopping. I need to get through our Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday first then I will think of Christmas. The two holidays here in the states are too close together!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

erinrizz said...

That's a cute Santa !!! Nice...

Astrid said...

Thanks! :) Yes, Christmas is approaching too soon, and I still have to send a few Xmas gifts. Perhaps I'll make a wife for Santa too? I'll see! :)

Kate said...

Hi Astrid
What a great Santa - he is lovely.

Mitt lille hjørne said...

Santa and the Goose is great...how sweet...yes,Christmas is not far away:))

Gudveig HN said...

Kjempeflott nisse! Han var virkelig en godslig kar ;-)

Astrid said...

Takk til dere! Han ble finere enn jeg hadde trodd i utgangspunktet! :)