Friday, November 20, 2009

Hello Betty & Potholders

The last couple of days have been hot and sunny, after the rain from cyclone "Anja" we got earlier this week. Fortunate "Anja" went East of us and was never any threat to the island. I did quite some weeding and trimmed some trees before the rainy days, and yesterday I spent more than half the day in the garden. I love to work in the garden, to see improvement, cleaning up etc, but my poor old knees and back don't like such work that much... :( Today I'm taking a rest-day and have time for a few updates on my blog.
Back to the rainy days this week... I did some sewing, and was surfing some fabric web shops, when I came across one shop having jelly rolls, layer cakes etc on sale - 35% off! :) Earlier this year I bought two layer cakes for another project, but have I started that project??? NO!!! The variety of layer cakes and jelly rolls on sale aren't that good, but I just wanted to buy it because
1) it was cheap
2) because it has retro colorway
Perhaps I got inspired without knowing it when I made these?! :) The fabric is from "Hello Betty" collection by Chloe's Closet for Moda. I have yet to decide what to make out of it of course - hahaha! :)

I intended to do some garden work in the beginning of the week, but the rain prevented me from doing it. Forced to stay inside, I made another pair of potholders. I have used the same pattern as for the pair in my previous post, but these with Christmas fabric.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I try not to buy fabric unless I know what I am going to use it for. I have found that if I buy fabric because it is on sale or just plain pretty but with no quilt in mind it tends to sit on the shelf for a long time before I use it. I have some Michael Miller "Fairy Frost" - 3 pieces - I bought it over a year ago and still do not know what to use it on - it was on sale so I got it.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Dirt Lover said...

What a nice addition to your kitchen at Christmas time. They look great!

Nettie said...

beautiful work Astrid