Monday, November 30, 2009

Table runner & table mats

They were supposed to be potholders.......................... But again the blocks ended up something else! (If you take a look here, you'll see how it all started). I did make potholders too! I intended to make a set, but using from my stash I didn't have enough of some of the fabrics used on the table runner, so I had to use something else for the table mats. It doesn't really matter - I think! :) I love blues and I'm quite satisfied how they turned out.
The table runner measures 17" x 27" (43 x 69cm).

The two table mats measure 16" (41 cm) square.

I've used the same fabric on the star on all three, but on the photos the color on the table runner (star) turned out darker than it actually is. Perhaps it is because the background is ligther blue....

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

It is hard to believe we are at a countdown to Christmas that is under 30 days! It comes so fast sometimes.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Anonymous said...

Oh, these are beautiful! Lovely! Did you machine quilt them with stippling?

Astrid said...

Thanks for your comments! :) I stitched in the ditch on all of them.

Dirt Lover said...

Oh, I really like these! I love using my stash to make things.
Lori
http://beyonddirtmycreativejourney.blogspot.com

Nettie said...

these are beautiful Astrid, blue and white is such a lovely colourway too, so calming ;o)