Saturday, March 27, 2010

Easter Tote Bag


Easter is approaching...


While still waiting for the purchased fabrics to arrive (see my previous post), I've made a shopping bag - with a cock and a hen! :)) This one is a kind of "test-bag", because I didn't have a real pattern for it. I made it by looking at another bag, but have changed it a little bit.
This is the front. It has two pockets - actually four, but two of the pockets are not that suitable - I think, as they are on the left- and right side of the handles.


Here's the other side. No pockets here - just the chicks. That fabric is leftover from kitchen curtains I made.............. must be at least 15 years ago! I added lining too.
I'm not a "bag-lady" and haven't made more than a couple of tote bags earlier. I think this one turned out better than I had expected, so I'm going to make a few more...

Now I'm heading for the garden! Such a beautiful weather this morning and not yet too hot for garden work!

6 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great bag!!! I am one of those that cannot have too many bags LOL!!! Enjoy your garden♥x

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

Wonderful bag Astrid! Love the chickies on it! I agree with Dzintra... I can never have too many bags!(: I'm with you this morning... out to the garden! Have a great weekend~

Dirt Lover said...

Love the bag. I'm sure you will find lots of uses for it.
~~Lori

Sharon said...

Hi Astrid, the bag looks great! I have an award for you, over at LiveYourStyle...
Keep up the crafting;)

ria vogelzang said...

What a lovely bag!! That will come to good use!!
Have a lovely monday!

Margaret wong said...

Love the bag, Astrid! The colour combination is just right....such a sweet blue. May you have many more bags soon!!!!