Monday, December 12, 2022

Back in Blogland!

 Hello! Do you remember me?! I can't believe my last post was dated April 18! Where did those days, weeks & months go?! I'm sure someone has stolen them!!! 

Where do I start? You may wonder why I fell off blogland - again!? No particular reason; except it became a bit overwhelming and I needed a break. I lost the quilting mojo but it picked up when I started making Christmas items for my shop. UFO's has been on hold. At least I haven't made any new! Haha! Kidding!!! Of course I have new UFO's! Out of 15 UFO's (counted end of 2021) only 2 are finished! That's too bad! When I lost the quilting mojo I enjoyed counted cross-stitching (show & tell in a future post). 

As much as I love making Christmas items, all Christmas fabrics are packed away for this season. A *gnome lap quilt was put aside when I had to give priority working on other items. I won't be able to finish it this year, hence one of my new UFO's. 'Dear Nina' (my Bernina sewing machine) has to go in for service, after 7 years of hard work! Long overdue, I know!!! 

Last week I finished a custom order; 50 Norwegian Flag Coasters. A fun project! They are going all the way to Michigan. Thank you M.! 


New round coasters (set of 6) for my shop


A new UFO: I'm using a panel from Lewis & Irene's *'Keep Believing' for these blocks. The idea is to make a lap or twin quilt, depending on the yardage of fabric I have. 


New UFO #2: What to do with all the Moda Marbles just sitting there, just in case (once in a while) I need a matching blender?! I got the bright idea - haha! - to make an approximately 68"x78" quilt. I need 42 granny square blocks, set on point. Still some to go...

HAPPY QUILTING! 


5 comments:

Jambearies said...

Astrid, great work on those coasters and can't wait to see the star quilt done. That panel is adorable. I love granny square blocks and yours are no exception. I made a GS quilt for me some years ago, but have yet to quilt it. Yes, my UFOs are competing with yours!! LOL I love reading your blog posts, so keep them coming!

Chantal said...

Helllllooooo! So happy to see you in Blogland again. I've missed you. I'm having a problem with my sewing mojo too. Wow! That's a LOT of coasters! Love your stars with the panel as the center. Looking forward to seeing this one grow. Enjoy the newest projects. ;^)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Welcome back, Astrid. It is sometimes nice to take a break and do other things and then come back refreshed. So glad that Christmas has got you back into quilting. What darling projects that you have been working on. Have a wonderful week and a very Merry Christmas

Preeti said...

Sometimes we need a break. I am glad you could take time off. This is the beauty of the blogland. Whenever you return, you fit right back in. Wishing you and yours the best of health and peace this holiday season.

Barwitzki said...

You've been busy... warm welcome... it's nice that you're back. Yes, you are right... time is running. We have to do something to keep up. I wish you much joy with sewing and quilting and other beautiful things.
Thank you for showing your beautiful work. It's always inspiring and joy to see the work of different bloggers. Thanks.
hug from Viola