Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Moda Marbles - just sitting there...

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas together with family or friends. We had friends over for dinner on Christmas Eve, which was really nice. Sunday was quiet, slept in and did some sewing in the evening. 

We all (at least us quilters) know how important it is to always have the right colors in our stash, don't we?! ...and when we need that specific color, nothing matches! Right?! Since it is unlikely I'd use up those Moda Marbles any time soon, I've been pondering what to do with them. The first idea, as you can see here, is a scrappy granny square quilt. (No progress on that one). 


Then I discovered 'Dwellings' by Joanie Holton. Decision made! The pattern calls for approximately 9.75 yards (blocks, sashing and border) + 5.75 yards backing. Finished quilt measures 60.50 x 87 inches. Love those houses!


I've made some blocks, the same house in different colors. 


A few more blocks. Love that I can use up small bits and pieces. 

HAPPY QUILTING! 




12 comments:

Ivani said...

Lovely house blocks, Astrid.

Johnny said...

å fine hub!

Bonnie said...

Oooh -- jealous of your stash of Moda Marbles. I have been using them for so many years and so many things. They really work in your cute houses...although do you really want to use them up? Have a Quilty week!

Vicki in MN said...

The houses are so cute, I have never seen anything like these before. Have fun quilting your neighborhood!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

The Dwellings pattern is going to be perfect to put the Marbles into use. Your blocks are looking gorgeous, Astrid. Happy quilting.

Fiona said...

I love your dwellings..... perfect use for that fabric too...

Hguz

Jambearies said...

I also love house patterns and can't wait to see the finished quilt. I can see why it would be addicting to make each house different! Have fun!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love those houses and your fabric is just perfect! Happy New Year!

Deb A said...

What a great project for those pretty fabrics.

Marit Johanne said...

I love the house blocks! I am sure the quilt will look great when finished! Godt nyttår!

Karen S said...

These houses look like a lot of fun. Great way to use the marbles!
Happy New Year!

MooseCarol said...

That will be a sweet quilt!