Thursday, December 15, 2022

What do you do when you lose your quilting mojo?

 Earlier this year, when I lost my sewing/quilting mojo, I did some counted cross-stitching. Does any of you follow Melisa's Blog? She often shares some of her most adorable cross-stitching designs (freebies). I have admired them for quite some time and knew I had to give it a try. I have always loved counted cross-stitching, not new to me. 

I love the 'Mason Jar' designs, and this is the first one I did

'Bunny Jar'. Stitched on 28 count evenweave.

OOH! I had so much fun stitching the cutest bunny so I decided to do these adorable sheep too; 'Sheep Jar'. Stitched on 28 count evenweave.


Don't you love this snowman and cardinals?!
'Winter Jar', stitched on 28 count evenweave. There are other 'Mason Jar' designs, which I'd love to do.

Who does not love Little House Needleworks' designs?! 

I've had this pattern and fabric; 'Through the Woods' for years. Looking at it now, I remember why I put it away; I was struggling with the French Knots for snowman eyes and buttons. UGH! I have to try again! Stitched on 28 Rue Green Cashel Linen from Zweigart.


LHN's 'Winter Wonderland' was also put away after I got my quilting mojo back. Left to stitch two snowflakes and the last row (same as the top).
Fabric: Zweigart's 28 count Natural Raw Linen

I'd love to hear about your second passion, what do you do when not quilting?
 


11 comments:

JustGail said...

When the sewing/quilting/stitching mojo leaves I do something else. Ignore it. Clean the sewing room, organize the fabrics or a kitchen shelf/drawer, read, look through the patterns, try a new recipe, deep clean something in the house, tackle mending that's been put off. Forcing a new project seems to end up with "meh" results at best, sadness and woe at worst.

Chantal said...

Love your X-stitch project. They are so cute. Love the snowman jar! Thanks for the link to Melisa's place. I'll peek at her blog for sure. I lost my sewing mojo this month and I tidied up the sewing room a bit and cut a lot of fabric. I believe I have enough fabric cut for 2 quilts if not 3! My other passion is painting though. I hadn't played with paint in such a long time. Recently, my MIL asked for a painting and now I long for it again. You just might see some on my blog. Enjoy the cross-stitching. ;^)

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your cross stitch projects are beautiful! When not sewing/quilting, I knit. I have so many quilt projects right now that I haven't knit in awhile! I'll get back to it eventually. Welcome back to blogging!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Astrid, I have a number of stitchy hobbies and if one interest sags, I just pick up another. I also cross stitch and yes love Little House Needleworks patterns, but generous Melisa has shared some really sweet patterns too. Your work is lovely and quick question, are you using two strands over two for the 28 count? I use 28 or 32 mostly. Happy Stitching from me!!

Amira_littlemushroomcap said...

O I love all your cross stitch projects. I always jumps from one project to another and it is a blessing to have more than one craft to work on. I am into cross-stitching too lately and I wish I could send more time cross stitching these days.

Dirt Lover said...

Hi Astrid!
I love your cross stitching, they're all so cute! I haven't looked at any blogs for a long time, and was curious what you were up to, so I got back on. What a pleasant surprise!
Lori, AKA Dirt Lover

Birthe Marie said...

Så nydelige korssting broderier. Koselige motiv. Snø og snømenn er best på broderier, for jeg er ikke så glad i den norske vinteren. Det er kjekt å ha litt forskjellige håndarbeid. Jeg har hatt lang pause med symaskinen. Det har mest blitt håndsøm og strikking. Å blogge hver uke klarer jeg heller ikke å få til, men det er greit. Vi får ta oss pauser og gjøre det vi syns er kjekt.
Ønsker deg en riktig god jul, Astrid!

Ivani said...

Hi Astrid, love all your cross stitch projetcts... They are lovely.
I love cross-stitching, like also embroidery and crochet.
I am a volunteer for Love Quilts Brazil for almost 23 years, we stitch blocks and made quilts for sick children.
Merry Christmas to you and your Family

Karen S said...

These are all wonderful. You certainly did not waste your time when you stopped sewing quilts. This is a great alternative!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love all the cross stitch patterns in your post. I used to cross stitch years ago. I actually love knitting but I haven't knit anything lately. I have too many quilt projects going! Enjoy the holiday!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

All of your cross stitching is so beautiful, Astrid and I am so honored and over the moon that you have stitched so many of my humble designs. Wow ! They are gorgeous . Thank you so much. Your LHN stitches are beautiful as well. I have Through the Woods on my stitching agenda. I hope to get to it very soon. I try to divide my time between quilting and cross stitch ( quilting is my love though) . Other hobbies include drawing and gardening. I can usually find something to keep my mind occupied. Happy stitching